• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown Suede Double Monks

Nadim

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, but where can I find a pair of brown suede double monks for less than $250?

I've checked most obvious online retailers (Neiman Marcus, Last Call, Saks, Macy's, Bluefly, etc...) but didn't find anything in that price range. :(

Any deals on right now anywhere?

And a picture to illustrate:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this has been discussed before, but where can I find a pair of brown suede double monks for less than $250?
I've checked most obvious online retailers (Neiman Marcus, Last Call, Saks, Macy's, Bluefly, etc...) but didn't find anything in that price range. :(
Any deals on right now anywhere?
And a picture to illustrate:

whats the price range? meermin is a great low price from what I hear. otherwise CJ lowndes is another option

jasonleb1

Reaction score
I didn't find much for under $250. But I did find these Calvin Klein's for $150. I'm sure the quality isn't going to be anything amazing but it's all I could find.

Can I ask who the shoes in the pic you posted are by?

Last edited:

Nadim

Reaction score

whats the price range? meermin is a great low price from what I hear. otherwise CJ lowndes is another option

Price range is under $250. I saw the Meermin yesterday but didn't find anywhere to order. I just sent an email. I have a feeling shipping will be a b*tch. The C&J Lowndes do seem like a great shoe, but completely out of my budget :/

I didn't find much for under $250. But I did find these Calvin Klein's for $150. I'm sure the quality isn't going to be anything amazing but it's all I could find. 

Can I ask who the shoes in the pic you posted are by?

Thanks, but those Calvin Klein don't look very good. I might as well wait and save up for something nicer.

I actually don't know any details about the shoes in the pic unfortunately.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am impressed with your finding these. For a low end buy, I would give these a pass. They are under $250 and are brown suede. Well done.

They even come in black...

A pair of lightly used Allen Edmonds Neumora in brown (on Ebay or here on our B&S) will be a more solid buy.

They won't be suede but are of much better quality than the CK's.

Last edited:

Needsmoreshoes

Reaction score
My brown suedes arrived from Meermin the other day - really impressed with the quality and they fit your price range. They really are your best bet at that budget.

jasonleb1

Reaction score
My brown suedes arrived from Meermin the other day - really impressed with the quality and they fit your price range. They really are your best bet at that budget.
Is there a way of ordering them that isn't migraine inducing. I took a look in the Meermin thread and getting the shoes (at least to the US) doesn't seem like the easiest of processes.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a way of ordering them that isn't migraine inducing. I took a look in the Meermin thread and getting the shoes (at least to the US) doesn't seem like the easiest of processes. 

Just contact Meermin on their website and request to order a pair. I have a pair of double monks on the way. After a few e-mails they sent me a paypal invoice and the next day they shipped. I should have them by next thursday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads