• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown leather jacket pairing

Cobra1713

Reaction score
hello all,

I have been looking into buying a brown leather jacket, found one that fit well and the price is in my budget.

My question as I approach purchasing it, is will it go well with my everyday outfits or are they hard to match?

I typically wear dark wash jeans, although I have light and black jeans as well. My shorts tend to stick towards the blacks, greys,and earthy green tones. And for shoes I primarily wear black or tan Allen edmond Normandy boots, white vans or various wing tips from black or brown. I’ll try and attach some pictures of my boots as I think that’s gonna be the hardest part to pair with the jacket. The jacket is the stock photo along with stock photos of the boots and an in person picture of my tan Normandy boots that I’m wearing today.

Thanks for any advice.

297063B1-2428-425F-95CC-DEB853316C88.png

0A63ED09-2B3C-48CB-86E9-D01A65F2A127.png

EB6B67C3-5BA6-4E91-AA4A-BFFCF31C2EFE.png

F018081D-4B30-4D36-8FD3-3F6CE721CE8B.jpeg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no issues wearing a brown leather jacket with those types of outfits. It will go fine.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one caveat - I'm NOT a fan of the style in the photo - an untucked shirt that is visible below the bottom of the jacket. Sorry, just don't like it - a jacket should cover your shirt.

Xelandion28

Reaction score
I agree with johng70, the jacket should cover the undershirt as it should not be visible. Everything should work to highlight the jacket. Brown is a good choice because it pairs well with a variety of colors. Also, the weathered look is very helpful for the style versatility--easily dress up or down. Great choice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads