• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brown lace ups to be worn with jeans - suggestions needed

seanpatrickb

Reaction score
Shell is the kind of leather. Shell doesn't neccesarily have to be cordovan, but there is almost no hope of finding any other color for under 300$. Here is alden's picture of their plain toe blucher with shell leather in cordovan color.
990.jpg
B&S is the buying and selling subforum on these boards. Will generally find better deals on fine shoes there than on the bay. As for the monks, I say any kind is pretty much equally appropriate. My personally preference would be suede double monks.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like these, which are $158 (or so) from J.Crew and have a Dainite sole:

BrownShoes.jpg

Or how about a pair of used AE Strand in chestnut calf? I have a beat up old pair that look great with jeans.

thesecondprize

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe City Thinker
Any aversion to Allen-Edmonds? I have the Strand in brown and the look good with jeans.

I like the Strand, but seemed too dressy for jeans... Currently rethinking that.

Originally Posted by bleachboy
I like these, which are $158 (or so) from J.Crew and have a Dainite sole:

BrownShoes.jpg

Or how about a pair of used AE Strand in chestnut calf? I have a beat up old pair that look great with jeans.

Thanks. I haven't been on J Crew recently - I'm impressed with their current shoe selection.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennyfeather
Inspired by this,

brougesandmonkstraps.jpg

I've been debating for a couple of days now whether to buy these.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...lectedFitID=0"

These would be strictly for wearing with jeans, so I'm not too worried about the overall quality of the loake (as compared to the more up-scale C+J you've been looking at). I haven't bought them yet because the sole picture provided by the herring site leaves too much up to my imagination. I can't quite shake the feeling that I'm deluding myself into thinking the loake will, over time, turn into the shoe in the picture.

Anyone else any experience with the loake chester? Am I deluding myself? And why am I sooooo lame as to be even considering trying to dress like a pic from the sartorialist?

I always liked the look... but I've have worn shoes sockless before to go buy bread and I started feeling blisters forming after 30minutes...

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thesecondprize;4022521 said:
I quite like your JV. [edit: Closest thing on their site are these: http://www.johnvarvatos.com/Norwegia...32/p/1952.html , which I like less than yours.] Know of anyone else who makes a comparable pair?

QUOTE]

Nope I bought these at Lenox Square in Atlanta and I have never seen this model again. My room mate wants them when I am done with them. THey probably just made them one year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads