• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Saddle in the US

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where the best place to buy a Brooks saddle (B67 in brown) online might be. There are a lot of online retailers and I'm not sure which ones have a good or bad reputation. Any insight would be appreciated.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a Brooks in years, but Harris Cyclery is excellent.

I've also read many positive comments (good prices, good service) regarding Wall Bike (Wallingford Bicycle Parts).

Velo Orange is also good, but I think they limit their stock since they also sell their own saddles.

Universal Cycles or Jenson USA would also be fine.

Peter White has great stuff, but it's higher priced and he can be a curmudgeon.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was just looking at these last night thinking how cool it'd be on the vintage Schwinn I just picked up. You can get them from the Freemans Sporting Club Website. It seems to be down at the moment so I can't post a link, but it was working last night.

I was looking for the same reason. I just had my dad's 1963 Schwinn Traveller restored and the two-tone pleather seat needs an upgrade.I'm debating keeping on the white grips or upgrading them to match the saddle. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested, it really did come out great.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, I'd love to see some pics. Mine is a 1961-62-ish black Racer. All original paint in great shape. Has a few scuffs but I'll gonna roll it as is with the patina. I checked their website and they're back up but the seat is gone. Not sure what happened. They were priced at $185 if I remember right. You could probably just call them and order one if you want. It was listed under the Accessories section.

Last edited:

domyen

Reaction score
I'd buy it from Craigslist or Cycle-specific message board in your area if you're concerned about price.
If it's within the first year of being 'used' it will not have been broken in too much.

That said, I bought my Brooks Team Pro from http://www.benscycle.net/.
Also, consider fit bone width before purchasing a brooks saddle; go into a bike store and ask if they have a fit bone measuring device (usually by Specialized). I've found that some Brooks saddles can be quite narrow and pretty uncomfortable.

edit: spellcheck

Last edited:

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't as concerned with price, I had just read some reviews where lower priced retailers took upwards of a month to ship the saddle. One other question though, has anyone had problems with color transfer on lighter clothing from the saddle (and if so what color leather caused the issue)?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i imagine if you over-conditioned the saddle it might rub off... but hopefully you arent wearing shorts any color but blue/black anyway...

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The B67 is a more leisurely upright saddle. I'm getting it for a bike to ride around town, to the coffee shop, a few of my favorite bars and restaurants, and occasionally the beach. This is not for "cycling" and I'll be wearing civilian clothes, no bike shorts. Perhaps I'll stick to dark jeans while I break it in.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i imagine if you over-conditioned the saddle it might rub off... but hopefully you arent wearing shorts any color but blue/black anyway...

I tried to restore an old cracked and dried B72. I used an ass-load of lexol and then a couple months later when it came time to use the saddle, I put on too-much sno seal (and heated it up to really soak it in).

This saddle has some color that will rub off on light colors when it gets hot/wet...but it is WAY over conditioned with what are probably inappropriate products. A new saddle should not do this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics