• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Black Fleece OCBDs

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I went in a bought one of these today, and got the linen version, too. Really nice shirts, as Iammatt said. I got the red pencil stripe, and I could see myself collecting three or four more at the next sale opportunity.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if these are available at the online store?

I've looked and looked, but there are no options for the purchase of BB BF shirts.

Thanks.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I went in a bought one of these today, and got the linen version, too. Really nice shirts, as Iammatt said. I got the red pencil stripe, and I could see myself collecting three or four more at the next sale opportunity.

The short sleeved button downs are very nice as well.

Originally Posted by embowafa
does anyone know if these are available at the online store?

I've looked and looked, but there are no options for the purchase of BB BF shirts.

Thanks.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/blackf...el_viewall.tem

Scroll down. There are tons of options.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep looking. Go to the Black Fleece tab, then under the Men tab select apparel. You'll find them there. I'm not sure I'd buy without trying on.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The short sleeved button downs are very nice as well.

I saw those and the salesman said they were women's. Moron. The button down polo looked nice too, but I didn't try it on.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I saw those and the salesman said they were women's. Moron. The button down polo looked nice too, but I didn't try it on.

Eh, you are probably better off. I was told that the majority will not arrive in the stores for some time, so you'll have a better selection in the future. The madras one looks especially nice. I have a gingham, which was all that was at the SF store at the time.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thom even provides your special: the BD with french cuffs.

- B

Jeez, I think I am about full up on those.

southgate house

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Eh, you are probably better off. I was told that the majority will not arrive in the stores for some time, so you'll have a better selection in the future. The madras one looks especially nice. I have a gingham, which was all that was at the SF store at the time.

I bought both of the madras shirts online and returned the size twos to the SF store. So you are in luck now if you are a size two.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Speaking of sizing, I got the size two and I'm usally a 16-35. I'm a little concerned that the shirt will shrink too much and no longer fit. It's a very slim fit as it is now, but the salesman insisted that it was the correct size for me and it wouldn't shrink enough to change the fit. I figure that's enough ammo to return the shirt after a washing if it indeed doesn't fit. Anybody else have any sizing insight?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Speaking of sizing, I got the size two and I'm usally a 16-35. I'm a little concerned that the shirt will shrink too much and no longer fit. It's a very slim fit as it is now, but the salesman insisted that it was the correct size for me and it wouldn't shrink enough to change the fit. I figure that's enough ammo to return the shirt after a washing if it indeed doesn't fit. Anybody else have any sizing insight?

Hmmm...I have a bunch of the OCBDs, and they're size BB3. I'm a 15.75/33-ish, and after a few washings, they've shrunk to fit perfectly on the sleeves (I'm broad shouldered, though) and slightly loose in the neck. Experience tells me to expect a bit more shrinking over time.

Since you have different fabric though, I'm not sure how it will go with yours.

- B

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a 15.5/35 and wear size BB3. I now have about of dozen BF shirts and most are OCBD. They all fit me well in the body however, the sleeves are too short for me to wear with jackets, especially after the first wash. The only two that haven't shrunk as much are the pinpoint bd. The worst shirt, in terms of sleeve length, has been the cotton pique. Unfortunately, it's on the way back to the store because it hasn't been washed and the sleeves are already way too short. It also is the most slim fitting of the BF shirts I have.

Sales people initially suggested BB2 for both jackets and shirts, but to me the BB2 was too slim fitting for my taste. I'm very comfortable with the fit of the BB3.

I love the shirts as well as many of the other items in the BF collection. My collection is growing, rapidly.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got one OCBD and one linen, and now I'm thinking of returning them both for the BB03. I'm also fairly broad shouldered and I thought the shirt was bordering on too tight across my back anyways. It's hard to tell sometimes when the shirt isn't ironed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads