• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broadland Velvet Slippers

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming. I considered stretching them, but it's just too much, so better return them and pay the shipping x2.

aj_del, don't know about my US size, but my UK is 8 (for most shoes) and I hope UK 8.5 will be a proper size for Broadland Slippers.

Standard Toaster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Could you tell us what is your US shoe size, UK shoe size, the size you ordered, and the size you recommend ordering.

I ordered a UK 10.5. The issue isnt so much the length, but how narrow they are at the toes.

As I've said, they've stretched and aren't that bad now, but if I was to buy another pair I'd go up half a size. It depends on your foot, but I think that if I went up a full size I'd be creating more problems with the fit.

jjl5000

Reaction score
I had been aware of Broadland for some time, when I finally decided to purchase a pair as a gift for a family member. When they arrived, I was delighted with the results and decided I would order a few pairs for myself.

The website doesn't do justice to the array of options and colours available and I'm glad I decided to call and speak with Mike & Shaun before placing an order. The chaps are not only knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their product, they were a delight to deal with; guiding me through all the various MTO options before placing the order. The first issue they addressed was fit. I have a slightly wider foot and their standard offerings are made in E width. Not a problem as I discovered they also have F width lasts.

I decided firstly on a pair of navy velvet with a blue quilted lining and navy Braid. In itself, not unusual except for the crown, which I wanted scaled down so as to be positioned on the throat. The second pair were to be black suede with a red leather lining and full length leather sock. They feature a different crown which was sourced from Broadlands archives and is amongst many additional motifs available...

BroadlandBoxes.jpg

BroadlandBlueVelvet.jpg

BroadlandBlueVelvet2.jpg

BroadlandBlackSuede1.jpg

BroadlandBlackSuede2.jpg

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Looks really great! This is a self written accessory to have at home, I think. Attaching mine, combined with some matching items in green/gold. Just missing the classic Polo eau de toilette bottle.
nod[1].gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Looks really great! This is a self written accessory to have at home, I think. Attaching mine, combined with some matching items in green/gold. Just missing the classic Polo eau de toilette bottle.
nod[1].gif

The green does look nice, but I'll be going with the blue myself. Thanks so much for showing us more of your fine slippers.

jjl5000

Reaction score
Another pair from Broadland:

PurpleSlippers1.jpg

PurpleSlippers2.jpg

The purple is certainly a lot brighter than I anticipated and unlikely to go unnoticed as a result! This time with a full leather lining and sock as well as a leather binding rather than the usual braid. I also opted to have these made on one of Broadland's more pointed round toe lasts.

rickimky

Reaction score
Did you guys recently still get them for GBP 75 or the 115 as listed on their website currently?

jjl5000

Reaction score
The prices vary based on the options you choose. There are several options not immediately evident from the website such as leather or quilted linings, different lasts and choices of suede, leather, velvet or other materials for the uppers etc.

Having said this, there was something of a price recalibration some months ago which impacted me on my most recent acquisition. Unfortunately, I don't recall exactly how much that increase was but I have a feeling it was around £20, taking the basic velvet from £75 to £95.

Icehawk

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair and it was ~$160 (105L) shipped to the US - mine are for use with a tuxedo so I went black with burgandy quilting. Hope to have them mid/late January and will post some pics.

I gave them tons of measurements and they chose a 7.5F for me but I did not know about last choices...

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icehawk
...I went black with burgandy quilting. Hope to have them mid/late January and will post some pics...

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Navy cashmere Cleverley's which I believe are made by Broadlands:

CleverleySlippers1.jpg

CleverleySlippers2.jpg

BlackShoes

Reaction score
I think they might be Bowhill and Elliot, they have the same nail pattern as the ones I bought from N&L. Do you mind divulging the cost? They look great with the smooth trim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads