• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni pure VICUNA blazer! thoughts/advice?

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Whatever. I've totally got that exact same jacket. See, look at my picture. Taken with today's date on the note card.

What a terrific coincidence! Oh, wait a minute, I just remembered I've got one too! I'll be back in a minute with pics.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
Whatever. I've totally got that exact same jacket. See, look at my picture. Taken with today's date on the note card.

How much is yours, Z?

Admiral Kelvinator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Creanbos
lol...everyone is soooo jealous that this jacket is in my wardrobe, not theirs...

While this may explain some of the hatred you are experiencing on SF, you're not doing yourself any favors by consistently adopting this kind of attitude, in addition to shouting VICUNA in your title. You may be a reseller or the richest troll in history, but most likely you're just an asshole.

It's a nice coat though.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
How much is yours, Z?

None of you smalltimers could afford it anyway. Maybe whnay.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im probily going to sound like a dumb ass when I ask this, but Zbromer how did you do that?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Im probily going to sound like a dumb ass when I ask this, but Zbromer how did you do that?
I bought a $28,000 sport coat from my local Neimans, wrote on a card in a handwriting style very similar to the OP, took a picture very similar to the OP, used imageshack.us to host the picture, and then posted it here. Now, I know what you may be thinking. "Why would this guy spend $28,000 for a bad joke?" Well, I'm not sure at this point. I'm actually second guessing whether this joke was actually worth $28,000 for me. I'm not sure it is. I really don't think I'm going to get much more use out of this coat. In fact, is anyone interested in buying it from me? I can probably do something around $25K, which is a loss for me. Did I mention it's VICUNA? Pic posted again for sale purposes:

Mr.Creanbos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
< Cough

Will this exhibit pass the "exotic woman" test ?

Cough >

lol...she is exotic all right.. Is that your dad?

Mr.Creanbos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AJL
What a terrific coincidence! Oh, wait a minute, I just remembered I've got one too! I'll be back in a minute with pics.
Stealing my photo is the closest Bromer will EVER get to owning any garment of this caliber.
lmao....Wishful thinking buddy.

ALL BROMER HAS IN HIS CLOSET IS SOME GANTS SHIRTS AND A BIG SECRET.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Stealing my photo is the closest Bromer will EVER get to owning any garment of this caliber.

I'm so sad I'm not as baller as you. Please insult me so I can be put back in my proper plebeian place.

ps: the jacket is ugly and if it's yours you're a *********.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd like to add another &quot;ugly as sin&quot; to the chorus.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is "GANTS" the knock-off version of Gant? I think I actually do have some of those. I picked up about three dozen in Shenzhen during a day trip from Hong Kong a few years back, so I'm pretty stocked in the shirt department. The substantial savings (Something like 70 Yuan per dozen. I know, awesome deal, right?) are what allowed me to afford the VICUNA coat. As for my "BIG SECRET," well, I'm keeping it tucked away behind my 36 "GANTS" ... for now.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
ps: the jacket is ugly.
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'd like to add another "ugly as sin" to the chorus.
+1. It looks like something my grandpa's canasta partner would wear. Someone, whether the OP or not, spent a whole lot of money to look dowdy and lackluster. Congratulations! Anyway, Zach... come on... let EVERYBODY play along. What better gift to give all your e-friends than the gift of PROOF that you own a high-rollin', worth more than gold VICUNA sportcoat??? What more can you get the man who has everything than Street Cred on Slander Forum? Just insert you or your friend's name here!!!! I'm selling the rights to this for a low, low price of $19.99 per entry!!
vicnunarl9.jpg

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1. It looks like something my grandpa's canasta partner would wear. Someone, whether the OP or not, spent a whole lot of money to look dowdy and lackluster. Congratulations!
A few years ago in Naples, my tailor pulled out six vicuna sportcoats he was just finishing for one client. They were blue, black and that tan color, two of each for two winter houses. The price was slightly less than the Brioni mentioned. He had me try them on, and they were light and soft, but super warm. They were still ugly. I asked him what he thought of them, and he said that he though tthey were light, soft, warm and ugly, and that such a coat was only really interesting to "a certain type." I think Fuuma has described the "certain type" perfectly above. FWIW, the vicuna jackets in question were made of a better looking fabric than this one, but they were still ugly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads