• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brioni / James Bond Tuxedo

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni is making a special edition James Bond tuxedo for YOU! If you are interested, it is only $6000. If you hurry, you can get it in time for the first premier!!

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
Brioni is making a special edition James Bond tuxedo for YOU! If you are interested, it is only $6000. If you hurry, you can get it in time for the first premier!!

Does it also not show cuff...$10,000 was the cost according to Daniel Craig in the latest GQ......funny GQ keeps sending me issues as does men's health every other month and I've cancelled my subscription a year ago. Support my idea that GQ is practically a catalogue for fashion advertisers a majority of the time.

I've noticed that've made this Bond a little more rugged at time, which I like.

Bond should be elegant, sophisticated, yet be physically able to get his has dirty when the time comes. The biggest problem with Piere Brosnan was he had the physical presence of a 98lb weakling, a Ken Doll in a Tuxedo.

I still think Clive Own is the best for role, but Craig will bring the masculine qualities that Brosnan did not; however, his weakness will be his mugg.

Overall, I think the next movie will be spot on other than no cuff on his Tux in some shots.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sean Connery is my favorite example, of James Bond. I thought he wore clothes with impressively, with swagger and panache. Brioni has never appealed to me. Not for men, or women.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Sean Connery is my favorite example, of James Bond. I thought he wore clothes with impressively, with swagger and panache. Brioni has never appealed to me. Not for men, or women.

----Bond has sold out, I mean originally he wore the best and he's English. So ideally, only Savile Row Custom and the classic Rolex Sub (which at the time was pretty high end=1963)

And a freaking omega seamaster.......give me a break.......

Bond was supposed to be reknown for his good taste and the best in life. Another reason why Connery is unsurpassed.
Connery studied movement and did appear like the 'jungle cat' they wanted him to be.

Connery
1. also was tall and athletically built (minus DAF) so he had the physical prescence
2. Had the mugg
3. Had some great custom tailoring
4. Wore classic modes of conservative dress that just don't go out of style (minus DAF and that blue thing from GF)
5. He studied movement
6. Terrance Young was the perfect director and set Bond's MO as Young was more real world james bond than Connery at the time at least to sophisticated and elegance.
7. Bond should equal impeccable taste.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I concur, with your assessments, soph. Frankly, I lost interest in James Bond, after Sean Connery stopped playing him, onscreen. btw: GOLDFINGER, my favorite Bond film, is based on the 'platinum king,' Charles Engelhard, Jr. Mr. Engelhard bore five daughters, one of them being Annette Engelhard Reed de la Renta, a pillar of New York high society. Each daughter inherited seventy million. Mrs. Charles Engelhard Jr., ruled the jet set, for decades. She was richer than all of her daughters, combined.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads