• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is really small. To be honest it doesn’t really fit my need. I carry umbrella , lunch box ,sunglasses and box of cigarette. And in winter gloves and scarf. And some times may be few other things.
Or should I get this –
http://www.mrporter.com/product/173184

Whatever you do, please buy something that fits your needs exactly. Otherwise, in a few months it'll be lying at the back of your closet and you're going to be needing to drop that much and more to get exactly what it is you want.

countcount

Reaction score

It is really small. To be honest it doesn’t really fit my need. I carry umbrella , lunch box ,sunglasses and box of cigarette. And in winter gloves and scarf. And some times may be few other things.
Or should I get this –

I have this bag. I agree it would be hard to fit a lunch box, depending on the shape. It doesn't handle laptop computers well either. however, it is great for notebooks, papers, newspapers, etc.

If you are willing to spend that much money and have the patience to wait a few months while it is produced, speak to the Glasers. They will recommend and build a bag to suit your needs exactly. I agree with althanis. If it isn't perfect you may never use it.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this bag. I agree it would be hard to fit a lunch box, depending on the shape. It doesn't handle laptop computers well either. however, it is great for notebooks, papers, newspapers, etc.
If you are willing to spend that much money and have the patience to wait a few months while it is produced, speak to the Glasers. They will recommend and build a bag to suit your needs exactly. I agree with althanis. If it isn't perfect you may never use it.

I decided not to get that briefcase. As once put my lunch box inside it looked funny and was completely out of shape. So my journey continues. I need a briefcase that will hold a lunch box, umbrella, sunnies (with protective cover),gloves, scarf , a small sweater, few small a paper works, a small 10inch netbook(would be a plus if I can also carry the charger). Plus a bit of spare space just incase I buy a shirt or two and can put them inside(I hate carrying shopping bags). It has to have strong structure so once fully loaded doesn’t go out of shape. It can’t be too heavy – as I will be carrying few things already and don’t need extra weight of the bag. Can’t be too large as I commute in public transport during business hours and also I am only 5’10”. Not to mention classic styling and must last at least 10 years !
Now that I have realized I do carry few thing on by bag :embar:…just curious what do you guys carry on your briefcase ??

Last edited:

Curated

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Skytop Trading Pullman? It's molded leather, so it might have the structure you're looking for.

Curated

Reaction score
Actually, I agree. I just wanted to surface it as an option. After looking at many, many bags myself - I decided to place an order for a Glaser.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or should I get this –

I like the color of this bag more than the first one that you posted, but I as another poster already said, the most important thing to consider when purchasing a bag is to make sure that it fits your specific needs. I think that's more important than anything else. A good look bag will look nice no matter what, but it will be worthless to you if if just sits in the box it came in because you never use it.

-LR

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
I picked up one of the these when I was over in London a month ago:
http://www.massimodutti.com/webapp/...t/duttigb/en/30109452/256502/408031/BRIEFCASE

It actually cost me £90 although I think they may be out of stock now.

The leather is ridiculously soft, I'm talking about calf skin gloves soft (If anyone has a pair from Chester Jefferies it's the same quality).

Reading through this thread I have a heard time believing that people can find value in spending £500+ on a bag that has a limited range of functionality.

xMaximex

Reaction score
Had this bag custom made to look like Filson's satchel / Swaine-Adenay Brigg. US tanned bridle leather from Wickett&Craig I think. Iphone pictures only for now, sorry! There are three compartment inside the bag, and one backpocket. Only one compartment is shown.

88UVv.jpg

More pictures :

http://imgur.com/a/J3ahG#0

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score
Narragansett Leathers made very neat briefcases with shoulder straps, but sadly they have discontinued to make briefcases, and only makes belts now. Their briefcases costed around $300, do anyone know someone who makes similar briefcases? (and at the same price point).

I loved their minimalistic and simple look in comparison to Saddleback (who are too massive for my taste).

Where can I get a 99% similar briefcase like the ones below?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads