• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Briefcase Appreciation thread

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

​You are quite right finding the right price is very difficult my leather work is part of my physiotherapy following an accident some years ago. 
I still believe my work has value and I take great care to ensure it is of a high standard. The first two sold for around £300 sterling which I am quite happy with. I have only advertised the third one on the two fountain pen forums I frequent and although there has been some interest it has not sold even after price reduction..I thought I would look at other options like Etsy or Ebay I have a blog but don't have a web site as most of the things I make are custom pen cases.

Very interested to see some pen cases! Theres a thread for fountain pen collectors on SF somewhere (me being a very minor one)

My63

Reaction score
Very interested to see some pen cases! Theres a thread for fountain pen collectors on SF somewhere (me being a very minor one)
I will have a look for fountain pen related posts. I would not class my self as a collector more like a user with a few extra pens.
My cases are unusual in the fact that they have a reinforced kydex lining.
Rather than add pictures here this is a link to my blog I hope that is within the rules.
https://my63leather.wordpress.com/?iframe=true&theme_preview=true

Thanks for posting the videos of your work they are great.

Equus Leather

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I will have a look for fountain pen related posts. I would not class my self as a collector more like a user with a few extra pens.
My cases are unusual in the fact that they have a reinforced kydex lining.
Rather than add pictures here this is a link to my blog I hope that is within the rules.   
 https://my63leather.wordpress.com/?iframe=true&theme_preview=true

Thanks for posting the videos of your work they are great.

I once found a really interesting thread on FountainPen Network (fountain pen forums do exist, for the uninitiated) that had some really interesting cases being made - maybe it was you?

Glad you enjoy the videos. We like making them and if they go any way to inspiring people to make things thats part of the object achieved. They exist to promote our work of course, but also to drive interest in whats really a dying craft, in the workshop not factory sense at least

My63

Reaction score
Your videos definitely inspired me especially the watch strap one I am yet to make one that I am happy with but I will keep learning.

It may well have been my cases on FPN my most recent commissions have been for some of the largest pens on the market a Namiki Emperor and Montblanc 1914 185 mm x 26 mm

I am sure one picture would be ok.

Actually my blog also contains all of my briefcase projects including a United States Army Air Force document case that I was asked to restore for a chap in America who wanted to use this family heirloom as a daily carry. This is the after picture. .

I had to replace the straps but used the original buckles all of the stitching was rotten and some parts of the leather was quite thin so I stripped it down and glued new leather to the inside. Then stitched it all back together by hand with linen thread matching the original.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
First post on SF. Been a long time lurker and I think it is time I contribute my 2 cents back to the forum.

I currently have 4 cases, a passport holder and a belt made by Ray Clark and all of them are truly excellent. The briefcase quality as well as Ray's exceptional service make him a clear winner with regards to bridle leather products in my books!

chev4x4

Reaction score
First post on SF. Been a long time lurker and I think it is time I contribute my 2 cents back to the forum.

I currently have 4 cases, a passport holder and a belt made by Ray Clark and all of them are truly excellent. The briefcase quality as well as Ray's exceptional service make him a clear winner with regards to bridle leather products in my books!

Where are the rest 3? Any pics of them?

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
I can go home later to take a group shot. But these are some shots of the cases currently on my phone.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
A better pict of Ray's Railbag which is fully 100% hand stitched by him. Apologies for the high contrast in the pict. I would say the Color is inbetween the two posted picts but overall very orangey in tone.

My understanding is that Ray's elbow is no longer what it used to be after the many years of Hin stitching away. Hand stitching the thick bridle butt had hurt his elbow so he went for an op sometime late 3Q last year. Must have alleviated some of the pain as his Etsy store is back up.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Another 2 other non Ray Clark cases for your viewing pleasure.

One is bowtop "lawyers" case made by Shuttleworths (now known as Rutherfords) in Sedgewick Conker. The other is a single gusset Daines and Hathaway London Tan case with a rather unusual lock. This case also comes with a really skinny shoulder strap for those days I want to dress more minimalist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads