• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brad Pitt at Cannes. 2 Different Classic inspired looks

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take back what i said earlier, the sunglasses are tom ford...but not the carmine model

i couldnt see "tom ford" written on the glassses until the previous pictures were posted..

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
His grey suit is Tom Ford.

crackup[1].gif

All of the sudden no one is saying that he looks good anymore.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tom2517

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
crackup[1].gif

All of the sudden no one is saying that he looks good anymore.

Well, Tom Ford's suits are made by Zegna, while Zegna suits are fairly well made, it is not in the top tier.

I haven't been to Tom Ford's store in NY, but do they offer complete bespoke suits? Or MTM done by Zegna....

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom2517
Well, Tom Ford's suits are made by Zegna, while Zegna suits are fairly well made, it is not in the top tier.

I haven't been to Tom Ford's store in NY, but do they offer complete bespoke suits? Or MTM done by Zegna....

Interesting, I was thinking earlier that those buttonholes looked more like Zegna Couture than anything else I've seen. And Zegna Couture isn't shabby, pretty darn close to top tier.

Google turned this up:

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/Scen...845&itype=8488

Ok, that should take care of my celebrity gossip quota for the year
laugh.gif

tom2517

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Interesting, I was thinking earlier that those buttonholes looked more like Zegna Couture than anything else I've seen. And Zegna Couture isn't shabby, pretty darn close to top tier.

Google turned this up:

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/Scen...845&itype=8488

Ok, that should take care of my celebrity gossip quota for the year
laugh.gif

So basically Brad Pitt is wearing a Zegna MTM.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are the papparazzi shots of Audrey Hepburn? We didn't get to see her going shopping, swimming, or brushing her teeth, only in movies and careful public appearances.
Actually, Jackie Onassis was shot nude, on the island of Skorpios. Joan Crawford claimed to be 'available' for photographers, at a moment's notice. Dressed and prepared. I've seen many photos of Audrey Hepburn 'on the street.' As for how happy the old stars were . . . I never suggested any such thing. Many of them smoked themselves to death, drank, indulged in drug 'therapy,' etc. I am fifty-one years old, and yes: I do prefer classic looks. Regarding Mona Bismarck, don't let her school marm appearance fool you . . . that's not an altogether representative photo. She was glamorous to the absolute 'nth degree . . . bought entire Paris collections that included the most daring, deeply cut evening gowns, and stole her best friend's fiance.

It is my personal feeling that Vivien Leigh, Ava Gardner, Gene Tierney, Lana Turner and a number of other 'old time' beauties . . . are head and shoulders above any stars touted as beauties these days. Totally subjective statement, of course.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
No such luck. It's a pre-tied one and not a real bowtie.

In the picture that A Harris linked to above, it definitely looks like a real bow tie

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tom2517
So basically Brad Pitt is wearing a Zegna MTM.
No, he's wearing a Tom Ford MTM, made in a Zegna factory.
At first sight, I thought it was a gucci or ysl suit because of the lapels and the pants. I was not very far from the truth.
I would say the suit fits him well because it's MTM, and the silhouette fits him well because it's designed by Tom Ford who has always favoured more athletic and playboy'esque figures.
So, the result is actually very, very far from a Zegna MTM.

!luc

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
No, he's wearing a Tom Ford MTM, made in a Zegna factory.
At first sight, I thought it was a gucci or ysl suit because of the lapels and the pants. I was not very far from the truth.
I would say the suit fits him well because it's MTM, and the silhouette fits him well because it's designed by Tom Ford who has always favoured more athletic and playboy'esque figures.
So, the result is actually very, very far from a Zegna MTM.

!luc

How do you even know it is MTM? I'd say it is OTR because of the time frame from the store opening to the event would make it really hard pressed to get a MTM suit. Unless of course there were fittings done and set into motion before the store opened and even then I'd say it is bespoke and not MTM.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
How do you even know it is MTM? I'd say it is OTR because of the time frame from the store opening to the event would make it really hard pressed to get a MTM suit. Unless of course there were fittings done and set into motion before the store opened and even then I'd say it is bespoke and not MTM.

Well, if Ford approached Pitt and told him he wanted Pitt to be the first celeb to wear his new MTM line, then clearly Pitt wouldn't need to go to any store. I think something like this would be quite likely, and probably pretty common when it comes to designers and celebs.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd