• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boss trying to force me to resign, is he allowed to do this?

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let him force you out. Severance/Unemployment $$$

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Said the reason he's so angry is because I'm leaving soon and he had high hopes for me in the company.

Poppycock. Employees come and go. Managers are expected to behave professionally. Had he previously discussed you shelving your studies to pursue the future of shelve stocking? That's employee development, i.e., the stuff managers are supposed to do. Had he considered that once you complete your studies you may have been inclined to return to the company? Sure seems like he was burning bridges.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let him force you out. Severance/Unemployment $$$
Not if he has less than 6 months service (soon to be two years) or his contract says he gets it sooner. As long as its not discrimination they can get rid for any reason they like with no severance pay.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fuji said:
He always yells at me for slouching when I put stuff on the shelves, he said it's because he's worried about my spinal health. Maximum trolling.

wow

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

About a week ago he wrapped a bunch of tape across a room in the hope it would trip me over or something. I walked around it. He started saying how dumb I am for walking around it instead of going under it. Is this real life? He's always going on about how fast we have to work in the night shift to get the store ready for the next day yet he has time for this ****? Strong maturity.

wow. you know you could cry 'employee endangerment' or something like that.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow. you know you could cry 'employee endangerment' or something like that.
Or you could just work hard and keep your head down and get promoted etc etc.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having worked in supermarkets in the same town as Fuji I can say that management level employees are, 99% of the time, just the least brain damaged staff on the shop floor. Even to the point of branch managers who earn up to £60,000 a year would struggle to perform well in a "normal" corporate environment. Supermarket work is almost always the only way someone of bellow average skill or intelligence will be able to forge something of a career for themselves.

Don't take it personally, go off to university and come back with an entry-level job in a normal field knowing that you are the one they have to serve.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having worked in supermarkets in the same town as Fuji I can say that management level employees are, 99% of the time, just the least brain damaged staff on the shop floor. Even to the point of branch managers who earn up to £60,000 a year would struggle to perform well in a "normal" corporate environment. Supermarket work is almost always the only way someone of bellow average skill or intelligence will be able to forge something of a career for themselves.
Don't take it personally, go off to university and come back with an entry-level job in a normal field knowing that you are the one they have to serve.
Having once gone into a Tesco in the same town as Fuji I can say that 99% of employees have 6 fingers on each hand.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having once gone into a Tesco in the same town as Fuji I can say that 99% of employees have 6 fingers on each hand.

I legit think 2 of the people I worked with were inbred. Definitely one of them, it was always lolzy watching the news with him during break because he'd ask what words like economics was and what ratios were. Also the stock market confused the **** out of him, got really confused by the up and down arrows and the percentages.

Sadly I no longer work for Sainsburys, I quit on wednesday because I'm starting at the LSE in like a month. In my last month there my boss basically just let me do whatever I wanted accept I had to be partnered up with someone the whole time.

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I got my annual reminder of why I can't stand Cambridge plod.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it the hail stones, flood, Morris dancing or the animal rights protests? Yesterday was not a good day for anyone in Cambridge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads