• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boots?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't be sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about.

petescolari

Reaction score
I've always liked these, being an Indy geek:
405.jpg
http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=109
These look like Red Wings.

JamesATX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charles Rogers
I was wondering what boots are your favorites? What do you rock?

I am also looking for some nice ones, not timbs, not cowboy, but something more along these lines:
skrev.jpg

I really want leather, not rubber soles though.

I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesATX
I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.

Ha! Ridiculously old thread. They look like chelseas of some sort... you can kind of see the elastic sides.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.

modual

Reaction score
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??

cmrocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??

I would guess sized down Ralf because the rise looks too high for an Ola.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.

No, Frye runs large, IME. I've got a pair of Brandos in 9 and I'm always a 9.5-10 in everything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads