1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Boots?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Charles Rogers, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ken

ken Senior member

There's no reason to buy a hipster's copy of a classic when the classic is still around in an equivalent (or better) form. Frye, Durango, and Chippewa are all still good enough to wear and will last longer than you will.

2. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Then here's a little something for you - NWA's Straight Outta Compton, edited down to 'explicit content only'. Â [​IMG]

3. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

4. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

5. Oddly Familiar

Oddly Familiar Senior member

I've got a pair of Dr. Marten work boots. Real boots, none of those dress boots or whatever with laces.

6. rearviewmirror

rearviewmirror Well-Known Member

I must agree with the varvatos boots recomendation. nearly everytime I go into the JV store they have a nice selection of shoes/boots.

7. ken

ken Senior member

(LA Guy @ April 25 2005,14:58) Unless you are a policeman (in which case I'll cross the street now) do not tuck your pants into your boots. Â God, I hate cops.
    Then here's a little something for you - NWA's Straight Outta Compton, edited down to 'explicit content only'. Â [​IMG]
    Brilliant. Anybody else got a Body Count cassette old enough to have 'Cop Killer' on it? That was my claim to fame as a kid.

8. marc37

marc37 Senior member

[​IMG] Pretty nice boot hey.

9. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yep. The CD works much better these days though. John April, not everybody wishes Indianapolis's Finest the best, sorry.

11. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Don't be sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about.

12. petescolari

petescolari Senior member

13. JamesATX

JamesATX Member

I was wondering what boots are your favorites? What do you rock?

I am also looking for some nice ones, not timbs, not cowboy, but something more along these lines:
    [​IMG]

I really want leather, not rubber soles though.

I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.

14. ken

ken Senior member

I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.

Ha! Ridiculously old thread. They look like chelseas of some sort... you can kind of see the elastic sides.

15. JamesATX

JamesATX Member

16. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.

17. modual

modual Senior member

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??

18. cmrocks

cmrocks Senior member

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??

I would guess sized down Ralf because the rise looks too high for an Ola.

19. modual

modual Senior member

I would guess sized down Ralf because the rise looks too high for an Ola.

Thanks man

20. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.

No, Frye runs large, IME. I've got a pair of Brandos in 9 and I'm always a 9.5-10 in everything else.