Bootcut out of style?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by greatfire, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Hangdog

Hangdog Well-Known Member

I got these Levi's "slim boot" 537s a couple weeks ago, and the thing is, they aren't boot cut. They're 31-32s and the hem isn't any wider than the knee. Why are they calling these boot cut? And why are they calling 527s relaxed or loose now, when they were calling them straight a couple years ago?

And for this thread. You try fitting your 514s over a pair of steel-toed Red Wing Pecos.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I got these Levi's "slim boot" 537s a couple weeks ago, and the thing is, they aren't boot cut. They're 31-32s and the hem isn't any wider than the knee. Why are they calling these boot cut? And why are they calling 527s relaxed or loose now, when they were calling them straight a couple years ago?

And for this thread. You try fitting your 514s over a pair of steel-toed Red Wing Pecos.

Bootcut and flare are not the same thing. Bootcut tapers from the knee and "flares" back out about halfway between the knee and the hem; so, it's entirely possible for the hem and knee to be the same width. Flares taper towards the knee and flare out from there.

3. Hangdog

Hangdog Well-Known Member

I'm saying these jeans were straight, not boot cut. At least not boot cut like 527s or the old 517s.

4. irbe

irbe Senior member

I prefer straight cut jeans these days. But still wear my nudies. Got to be versitile

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

these days i think bootcut and some flare is back in for men in some fashion circle.s

i wouldnt go with straight cut, as it almost always looks messy and amorphous from my knee down.

the boot cut drapes the lower leg a bit more, in line with the top block and thigh that i usually wear slim or tight. so more of a refined look.

or

i go with a slim leg /tapered slightly, look. not a striaght leg. more a skinny leg and sag the jeans a bit sized down.

6. Lane

Lane Senior member

bootcut is fugglyyyyy

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

holy necro

you like bootcuts and some flares, no? your tastes side more on avant garde and edgier than most here. fitter people can pull off all kinds of styles. angrier people who cant fit start calling names.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

bootcut is fugglyyyyy

word

bootcut is still in style in hollywood along with aldos lolz

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

you like bootcuts and some flares, no? your tastes side more on avant garde and edgier than most here. fitter people can pull off all kinds of styles. angrier people who cant fit start calling names.
    lulz, bootcut is avant garde now?

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yeah, though I've branched out into more tapered cuts I still wear flares. I don't like bootcut that much; prefer the extremes of the spectrum.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

why does everyone get defensive in the same manner when others disagree with them?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Yeah, though I've branched out into more tapered cuts I still wear flares. I don't like bootcut that much; prefer the extremes of the spectrum.

that is what i thought. the extreme . based on the photos you show from the japan sites on the flare legs

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Avant-garde doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Uncontrol is wearing, like, apres-garde (w/apologies to David Foster Wallace).