1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

BNWT Purple Label jacket 42R

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by BlvdDandy, Jun 18, 2006.

1. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Got this jacket recently thinking I could have it altered to fit me (I usually wear a 44) but it's not going to work out. It's got some nice texture to it and I love the shape of the lapels (they don't fly up like that when it's on, I don't really know why that's happening in the picture). As you can see from the tag, original retail was $1495, it's yours shipped for $295.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

The label indicates that the fabric is "50% silk/50% JUTA" - what the heck is JUTA?

How would you describe the texture/feel of the fabric?

Thanks.

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I believe that juta is woven from the fibers of certain Asian plants. I also think that it adds a rayon like quality when woven with silk.

4. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

Yeah I didn't know what JUTA was either when I got it. The texture is kind of hard to describe. It's very soft but not smooth like worsted wool. You're much more aware of it being a woven cloth, if that makes sense. It's like you can really imagine the fabric being created on a slow loom, and the resulting texture is nicely varied. The fourth picture down I think does a good job showing this.

5. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I believe that juta is woven from the fibers of certain Asian plants. I also think that it adds a rayon like quality when woven with silk.

Yes - juta (aka jute) is a vegetal fiber (from the bark of Asian trees). It looks and feels to me like a coarser version of flax/linen.

6. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I have seen clothes woven with hemp; sort of similar to working with jute in my view.

7. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member