• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blue Wool Socks

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
This is why is undergo quite a bit of roughing up here by hooligans to save people from flushing money down on Fresco, 12oz Scrooge dinner jackets, cloths designed by the taste-impaired, band-aid colored shoes, double monks and other sartorial sewage.
wow.gif

If I can save just one poor soul from iGentism, then it's all worthwhile
satisfied.gif

M. Buff - you're a funny guy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Teger
dear iammatt:

are you going to buy all of your socks from the same source, in the same model? how will you pair ones with equal amounts of wear?

wrong matt.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
Yes, but honestly your taste in ties scares me. I have no idea what you do for a living or whether you're into "the pink", but I'd be better off fisting myself with a sandpaper glove than wearing those ties.
See, this is why you and vitaminc will never see eye to eye.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but honestly your taste in ties scares me.
Good, then my goal is accomplished. I would never ask anyone to wear the ties I do; strictly for dandies. But I wear a variety of ties from solid navy and burgundy to the follies Duchamp, so Im not sure which ties you mean.
I have no idea what you do for a living
Umm, I dont know why this matters or again which ties your speaking of but the tie in a NY workplace gets a lot of latitude. I think Im a good judge of what works for me and what others react positively to.
whether you're into "the pink",
What does this even mean?
but I'd be better off fisting myself with a sandpaper glove than wearing those ties.
Really? That's extreme
I still don't have double monks - but I really, really want a pair. Not in bandaid yellow!
OK, I think I know how you feel after all.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
This is why is undergo quite a bit of roughing up here by hooligans to save people from flushing money down on Fresco, 12oz Scrooge dinner jackets, cloths designed by the taste-impaired, band-aid colored shoes, double monks and other sartorial sewage.

You don't like them, the bandaid shoes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads