• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bexley shoes: my terrible experience

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take part of this is almost embarrassing, and definitely not constructive if older than eleven years old. Basically one after another are stating and emphasizing the obvious. Early CM observed dbrn being adamant, which he admits to. Not hostile initially, but not particularly flexible regarding perspectives in terms of changing opinion either.

In substance I think everyone agree with tekique22 (“consumer needs to take responsibility and use their own common sense”) and others balanced opinions in this matter, but except OP being offended, strong in opinion of being mistreated/mislead and yet more defensive I seriously doubt anything can be achieved by this stage.

I think the last quote speak for itself

Ha, great contributions! So much for me renaming this thread. At this point I'll be happy for people who find it to get a good look at one example of the full range of treatment to expect on this board.

Enjoy talking to yourselves about me!

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I must say that even though teknique has a very "in your face" way of putting things, he's actually right.
In principle, buying things online really isn't that much different from buying things from a physical store.

If one were to walk into a shoe shop and try on a pair of shoes (high end or not), it is likely that the salesperson would advise you to keep within the confines of the shop, and likely on a carpeted / non marking surface.

Have you ever heard of a store letting you wear the shoes outside for a month to try it on for size and then returning them when you find they don't fit? It simply isn't fair to the retailer.

As mentioned numerous times by now, this really is a simple matter of common sense.

Lockley

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old tread, but just to describe my experience. I bought a pair last year on a whim, I liked the way they looked. I needed a pair of nice round toe Oxfords, and I was low on cash, so I bought them. They are ok, but nothing special. The rubber part of the sole started peeling off after a month or two, and obviously they don't look very exquisite, but they can take serious amount of wearing.

But now, after buying two pairs of shoes from one of the former affiliate vendors of this forum, Berwick and Carlos Santos (sold under their brand name), I would never buy Bexleys again. Same price, but much more value.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads