• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best value boxer shorts

markr

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can recommend some good deals on boxer shorts. I'm relatively cheap and not too concerned about the quality of the material (of course, 100% cotton is a must). The most important thing is fit. I also prefer solids to patterns (my preference is for lt blue -- boring, I know). I've bought from Lands End in the past and was quite pleased with them. Unfortunately, they don't currently have a very good selection in terms of size or color/pattern. I was hoping to try CEGOCS a while back but Carl sold out of the 4 pr/$30 variety just after I placed my order, and the 3 pr/$50 variety is more than I want to spend. Any suggestions?

Also, if I'm being too cheap and 3 pr/$50 is not unreasonable, feel free to say so (I'd rather pay less, but at the end of the day, I can afford 3 pr/$50).

Morris

Reaction score
I am partial to Brooks Brothers (basic blue, white as well as patterns; also has seasonal varieties which are fun) ... certainly in the range that you specified.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Polo boxers and Banana Republic boxers are what I usually buy (on sale/discount). I like their cuts a bit better than Brooks, particularly with a wider overlap at the fly.

coachvu

Reaction score
Although they don't have solids, Vineyard Vines boxers have a great fit. They normally run close to $20 a pair, but STP has several on sale. I also like Nautica boxers. Many department stores like Dillard's, Belk's, etc. carry them. List price is $15, but I also find them on sale for about $11. Marshall's and TJ Maxx may carry them, as well. Nordstrom has solid color boxers in their house brand. Instead of running S, M, L, etc., they have individual waist sizes. You can usually find those on sale as well. Finally, the Belk's in my home town sells a brand of boxers called Saddlebred. I think this may be one of their house brands. They are almost always on sale for $6 a pair with plenty of patterns. The fit is great, and it's hard to go wrong for that price.

ejquin

Reaction score
Spring for calvin Klein pima cotton boxers or boxer briefs. You'll be happy.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
old navy/gap/banana republic boxers. they can usually be had for $3-5/pair on sale.

-Jeff

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
if price is the biggest factor in your choice, then generic dept store cotton boxers in white is the way to go.

or (shudder) wal-mart.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
old navy/gap/banana republic boxers. they can usually be had for $3-5/pair on sale.

-Jeff

In my experience the cut on BR boxers is much better than Old Navy or GAP. I really dislike JCrew's boxers.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jos. A. Bank sells boxers in numeric waist size, like 34 and 36.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone make boxers without elastic?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads