• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Philadelphia Dry Cleaner

Duveen

Reaction score
Hi,

Any Philadelphians able to recommend a good dry cleaner, ideally in Center City? I tried resurrecting an old thread and had no luck, so I thought I'd create an easy-to-find repository for all the dry cleaning knowledge in town...

Fire away!

16520Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timeless
Carriage Trade....very expensive but the best by far.

I've never used them, but I have seen their work with cashmere sweaters and it is very impressive.

samus

Reaction score
I've heard good things too, and they won best of philly last year (http://www.phillymag.com/best_of/det...:_dry_cleaner), but not exactly in center city.... Good to know about Helens, I was looking for a new cleaners too.

While we're at it, tailors? I just had some work done at Joseph's around 20th and Sansom. I'm happy with their work, but I'm still a newbie and don't always know what to look for.

Duveen

Reaction score
For tailors, I have had great alterations experiences with Pat Scioli (1744 E. Passyunk, near 12th and Morris, Snyder metro stop in Little Italy). He is a real old-school Italian tailor with a love for the business.

The downsides: his English isn't great, he will try to sell you his private-label suits (low-end, fused but made in Napoli), and he is (justifiably) proud of his work. Treat him with respect, and you'll come out looking and feeling great.

On the plus side: he has a real eye for detail in construction, clothes are generally turned around in a week and have been, to my eye, flawless thus far and prices are very reasonable.

I believe that he used to have a bespoke business but gave it up. His wife, Anna, is very nice as well and is usually in the store.

TooManyClothes

Reaction score
McCormick Brothers picks up and delivers in Center City. They are a "Best of Philly" winner and have won many other awards. THEY ARE AWESOME! Try them and you'll see that there are no other dry cleaners out there like them...in a league of their own. Quality, customer service, the whole 9 yards.

And tailor: Henry Davidsen at 1701 Spruce St. Brian Lipstein is the man. He'll take care of you. He'll make you a suit and take care of any tailoring you need. He's a one-stop-shop!

Noo Guy

Reaction score
Any recommendations on suburban cleaners? I work on the Main Line, live further west in Chesco.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics