• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best/coolest melee home defense/zombie apocalypse weapon

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pistol upstairs by the bed, but I'm wanting something like a polypropylene shillelagh, mace, or baseball bat perhaps, to keep by the front door. Possibly even an Assegai.

But then I went to Cold Steel's website, and got an eyeful of all the wicked looking weaponry.

Posting a few options, what would you go for?

Of course, there's the baseball bat. Cold Steel's Brooklyn Crusher is small, good for indoor situations, and since it's a bat, more legal than the other options. Made of polypropylene so handles shock very well, and no chance of breaking or warping on me. This would be great for the car, as well as the home IMO.

brooklyn-crusher-92bss.jpg

Your standard shillelagh/Indian war club. Again polypropylene. This thing looks wicked, saw a video demonstration on youtube of a guy smashing cinder blocks with it. Threaded hole for a spike to add to the ball, not like you'd ever even need it.

indian-war-club-92pbh.jpg

Onto the more exotic/cool stuff:

Gunstock war club....this thing is alpha as ****! "Zombie Go Boom!" channel on youtube has a video of a guy using it on a human skull analogue, head completely exploded when struck by both the blunt and sharp ends. I want it just so I can feel like Last of the Mohicans.

21Nb5yy%2B-ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Up next, Cold Steel two handed Katana Machete. Not even close to a "battle ready" katana, but for the price, still pretty badass.

Cold_Steel_Machete_Two_Handed_Katana_Machete_97THK.jpg

Then there's the Assegai, when the idea is to keep the intruder as far away from you as possible.

CS95F.jpg

Last but not least, the famous Cold Steel Trench Hawk...looks wicked, but I'd probably hurt myself with this just like I would the gunstock club.

31NEWkXH4tL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

So which one of the above would you keep next to your front door? If none of the above, what exactly would you have? Granted, I could spend 500 - 1000 dollars on a "battle ready" sword, but why bother when all of the above I listed would cost me less than 50 bucks.

Of course, if money was no object, and I was a big dude, I'd definitely get this: (FF to 5:10...wow)

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That may be the most idiotic video I've seen. Thanks.

lefty

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fat guy in a tie chopping pigs in half with a two handed sword is idiotic? Are you trying to tell me you're gay...?

Fast forward to 1:25...

Last edited:

Arthur PE

Reaction score
I prefer my Benelli M1 Super 90, 18."
7 in the tube, 1 on the carrier, 1 in the chamber
all 9 can be fired before the first husk hits the ground

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Javyn, I think that a bat'leth would be more appropriate.

Remember, the weapon that you take with you into the zompocalyps has to suit your personality.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahaha, true. Personality-wise I think the Gunstock club is the perfect fit, but I will probably go with something a little less likely to take off my kneecap should I swing and miss.

Also considering the Special Forces shovel. (Cold Steel brand of course, Gerber is ****)

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Javyn, I think that a bat'leth would be more appropriate.

Remember, the weapon that you take with you into the zompocalyps has to suit your personality.

Hmm, so how would Mr. and Mrs. javyn look defending their home with one of those?

tumblr_m1dau00ujV1r9ktixo1_500.jpg

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mrs. Javyn has olive skin, although you aren't too terribly far off with Mr. Javyn.

Funny, my desktop wallpaper at work right now is the Queen knighting Patrick Stewart with a bat'leth heh

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Points for being the first person I've come across in years to use the term shillelagh in a non-ironic manner..

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Points for being the first person I've come across in years to use the term shillelagh in a non-ironic manner..

Definitely a kick ass alpha weapon, evidence - first scene of Gangs of New York.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first question for all these threads - slow moaning zombies or fast rage zombies?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fast, since anything that can kill a fast well would obviously work well on a slow.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
for a fast zombie, you need something that has a lot of stopping power and a pretty high ROF if you miss...which means a high-caliber gun, but the disadvantage of a gun is the need to reload and carry lotsa ammo.

the melee weapons i think would be better for the slow zombies, but something light and doesnt tire you out too fast. we need to either crush the skull or sever the spinal cord, right? the bat or shillelagh might not deliver a reliable killing stroke unless you can swing like Pujols... my vote in that case is for one of those combo bladed/crushing weapons that you posted.

so maybe you start with a Colt 1911 - good stopping power, decent capacity, ammo fairly easy to find - and have the war club as a backup?

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smartyiouj