• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti on the web

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been waiting for this for so long. Now if only that English umbrella maker would upate their website.
biggrin.gif

naturlaut

Reaction score
If given the opportunity, I'd want to be the first one to distribute --- and open a Berluti store in US.

I will then post pictures of shoes from all the other designers who had taken designs from Berluti .....

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for hijacking the thread, but... A forum member - can't remember who, sorry - provided the URL of a shoe-enthusiast website a while back. Does anyone still have the address of this site? If I remember correctly, it had a huge gallery of photos, including some bright blue Berluti penny-loafers.

shoefan

Reaction score
If given the opportunity, I'd want to be the first one to distribute --- and open a Berluti store in US.

Berluti stores are all company owned. They are now owned by LVMH, which opens its own stores for virtually all the brands they own (e.g, Thomas Pink, Vuitton, Loewe).

I will then post pictures of shoes from all the other designers who had taken designs from Berluti ....

Funny story. A few years ago, Berluti actually sued Gucci for making a knock-off of a particular Berluti stye (a slip-on/loafer with a series of perforations all around the perimeter of the forefoot). This was apparently due to the rivalry/hatred between LVMH's controlling shareholder (BERNARD ARNAULT) and that of PPR (Francois Pinault), who managed to outmaneuver LVMH to gain control of Gucci. After this acquisition, Gucci came out with this knock-off style, and Berluti/LVMH sued. I think Gucci agreed to remove this style from the market.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nick M,

I seem to remember that was a French website of some kind. At this moment I cannot recall the exact website but maybe someone else knows it.

And I just absloutely love the Berluti styles, and their unique patina. Someday I'll join the legions of Jean Cocteau, and James Joyce, and own a pair of bespoke Berlutis.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW. Berluti sure makes some exceptional shoes. I've never been familiar with the brand; despite walking past the store in Milan and not thinking twice, now I'm kicking myself. The "Piercing - Tatouage" model is outrageous. I love the finish on all the other models as well.

With Berluti you really do get what you pay for, and I would definatly pay. They are truly unique shoes. When I become a superstar, I'll make it a point to pick up a few pairs.

We're you guys saying they're not available in the US at all? Anyone own a pair?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads