• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berluti in SG

ikemen

Reaction score
hey what's up folks,

not that it matters much, but i just read in today's papers that Berluti will be coming to singapore some time later this year~!

well, at least you dont have to fly to HK to catch their shoes for you folks who happen to live/walk/fly/ by Asia..

i'm wondering how much/many sales they're going to get considering the pathetic sensibility of style among singaporeans...

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ikemen
i'm wondering how much/many sales they're going to get considering the pathetic sensibility of style among singaporeans...

I am not Singaporean, but I find your comment somewhat harsh. There are some stylish local folks around, especially when it comes to apppreciation of shoes. Jackets, coats etc less so. If you have been there, you will know why.

Reuters

Reaction score

You are screwing with the wrong crowd.

ikemen

Reaction score
that's coming from yours; and i said what's coming from mine. it's strong, yes, but
what if i say i've lived there for quite some time, and i dont see people who dress as well as i would like to see?

of coz there're folks who know all these stuff like you and i know them, but i was implying those folks that you typically see on the street, even in the business/finance district, not those that would ever have such thoughts like you and i of flying to naples or london for suits and shoes~!

they are the atypical ones, and i dare say there're much less of them in SG compared to, say, HK or JP.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hooked on phonics.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I look forward for Madam Olga to come to Singapore and save that style cesspool from its purgatorial state like only Berluti can do.
picture.JPG
Watch out all you Giordano-wearing drones out there! Your pathetic sensibilities' days are numbered!

elliottchow

Reaction score
which mall in singpapore will they be located and does anybody have the exact dates they will be in singapore?

Enfant

Reaction score
Berluti is going to open doors at the corner of groundfloor in the Ngee An City Complex, where Takashimaya is. It is right next to Louis Vutton, so to speak.

I suppose it will be open sometime before Christmas. The renovation panels are up.

I think it is much smaller than the Paris store.

Enfant

Reaction score
I don't think so...
smile.gif

Most of the LV crowd from my observation are window-shoppers. And they go for bags.

The shoe-culture in Singapore is not great--an irony since people walk around so much when they SHOP!--so I think Berluti will be somewhat a curiosity at least in the beginning. Besides, the 'fengshui' of that storefront is not known to be great. Vacheron Constantin which just folded was there, and before that was something else. Not a nice corner for retail.

Bally shoes however are very well-known and respected in Singapore. I was just at the Galeries Lafayette along Haussmann and saw flocks of Chinese buying Bally shoes...Are they truly made in Switzerland??

Lung7707

Reaction score
hey what's up folks,

not that it matters much, but i just read in today's papers that Berluti will be coming to singapore some time later this year~!

well, at least you dont have to fly to HK to catch their shoes for you folks who happen to live/walk/fly/ by Asia..

Harsh words but to a certain extent relatively true
smile.gif

I am from Singapore and have 9 pairs. I am grateful that I don't have to fly round the world to get my shoes anymore.
smile.gif

bruised_lee

Reaction score
Most Singapore men don't know most of the shoemakers mentioned here in SF. Because of my RMW, C&J, S. Mantellassi and (even) Loake, I stand as the sore-thumb in my work place ....

Berluti? I'm sure most of our fellow Singaporean men are in for a shock. But I think we just need a bit more education .....

Sometimes, I don't understand my colleagues too .... To them, my S$101 CT shirt is branded and expensive, but their S$90 Goldlion/GAP/Raul/Daniel Hechter etc are reasonable ..... Just to give an example ..... hmmm .....

My View2

Reaction score
Allen Edmonds used to be available a few years ago in a limited selection of styles in 2 places:

1) Takashimaya Dept Store (or was it Isetan?)
2) A shoe called Petite Finesse (if my memory of the name is right) in Suntec City.
I remember the Park Avenue to be priced at close to S$700 at that time.

They are no longer available as far as I know.

I am curious to know how Berluti will fare in Singapore too. I agree with the general observation that Singapore does not have a very strong "shoe culture". But I must add that I have noticed a significantly higher standard of (men's) dressing - at least the shirt bit - now as compared to a few years ago. Thomas Pink and Charles Tyrwhitt have opened boutiques in Singapore. The shirts are overpriced and but there's no denying these shirts are much nicer than the 3-for-S$100 Alain Delon or Van Heusen variety one would normally find at places like Robinson, John Little and Isetan.

On a different issue, it's been a long time since we have had a Singapore Styleforum meetup. Interested parties please PM me and I will try to organise something.

trend7

Reaction score
Takashimaya now carries Barker shoes, while Robinsons have quite a good range of Loake.

I have given up on OTR shirts/suits/pants in Singapore. Even the popular Raoul seems to be selling on its brand more than quality . Now I go for fully tailored office shirts/suits/pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads