Belt Matching to Crockett & Jones Clifford

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dmash, Mar 12, 2011.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

I just picked up a brand new pair of C&J Cliffords for $315 [​IMG] I'm really excited I got such a great deal, but I'm in need of a belt to go with these. I could pick up the Crockett & Jones belt in the same colorway....but I'd really prefer a nickel colored buckle instead of gold. Any help guys? Let's keep this below $200, nothing extravagant. Also, I will definitely take a look at any shade of brown you guys might like. I'm not anal about it being a precise match. I guess what I'm really getting at is some good brands to look at and I can go from there. Pic of shoes in case you're not familiar: [​IMG]

2. dmash

dmash Senior member

Anybody maybe?

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

4. Poshak Man

Poshak Man Senior member

Check Allen Edmonds web site. It carries dress belts in a range of colors. Tan or walnut color should match the C&J antique tan color.

5. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

That's a good deal. Where did you find them for so cheap?

I just picked up a brand new pair of C&J Cliffords for $315 [​IMG]

I'm really excited I got such a great deal, but I'm in need of a belt to go with these. I could pick up the Crockett & Jones belt in the same colorway....but I'd really prefer a nickel colored buckle instead of gold. Any help guys? Let's keep this below $200, nothing extravagant.

Also, I will definitely take a look at any shade of brown you guys might like. I'm not anal about it being a precise match. I guess what I'm really getting at is some good brands to look at and I can go from there.

Pic of shoes in case you're not familiar:
    [​IMG]

6. JDixon

JDixon Member

If it the colour of the buckle that is stopping you getting the matching c&j belt, I believe that they will do them mto with an option of different buckles in different colours. I think the extra cost for this is like £40 (I may be mistaken)

Failing that, I have the same shoe in the same colour and tend to pair it with a RAlph Lauren belt which is pretty spot on in colour match. The one I have is a plaited belt but I think they also do a plain belt in the same leather.

Hope this helps a little.

JD

7. cncrd

cncrd Senior member

Not to take away from member FIH- I've had JB Hill, a bootmaker in Texas, make about a dozen custom belts for me in different leathers, and with simple brushed nickel buckles. I would think any custom maker could match your shoes exactly if you wanted. Usual price is $150-$175.

It might be nice to mix materials a little bit since those shoes are brogued wingtips and have a lot of visual texture- have you considered trying a suede belt the same color as the shoes?

8. shoe lover

shoe lover New Member

sir , Crockett and Jones sell belts yes and if you want to , through their UK stores get a bespoke belt made with the silver buckle instead its a little more to pay but at least you know you have a great match to your Clifford shoes colourwise