• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beer: What did you buy last time and why?

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
I drink a lot of craft beers, but sometimes you need to buy the macros (party, game, boat, beach). How do you make sense of the macro selection and how do you end up making a decision?

Also, what is your favorite craft beer.

---

Since I prefer craft beers, I normally just go with whatever is on special when I have to buy macro. Last time it was Miller Lite cans.

I think my favorite beer of all time is either Old Chubb from Oscar Blues or Two Hearted from Bells.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't drink Craft Brew. In fact, I start to sweat when I see it. My last beer purchase was Smithwicks.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last 6 cases or so have been Stoudt's double IPA. To me its the perfect IPA with DFH 90 min right behind.

Once in a while I'll drink weyerbacher "blithering idiot" barley wine, or Stoudts belgian triple. I went through a phase of trying everything I could get my hands on for a while until I found Stoudts. I also have a beertender that I keep a fresh mini keg of Heineken in.

dl

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4276110420_28fcf7fc15.jpg

4275364205_e51132ec20.jpg

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Oh, have had the hopslam, very good.

Also, I have had the Ola Dubh I believe... Is that the one that is aged in bourbon barrels or something? I think I just had it last week. 8% ABV right?

So what about Macros, like when you need to drink a macros, what do you buy and why?

Here is the thing, I wonder every time we have people over, go to a cookout, etc. Personally, i don't prefer to drink them, so I never know what to get.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last two I bought were the Guinness anniversary edition, and a four-pack of Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout. That was a while back, and I still have some left of each.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoNothingGuy
Oh, have had the hopslam, very good.

Also, I have had the Ola Dubh I believe... Is that the one that is aged in bourbon barrels or something? I think I just had it last week. 8% ABV right?

So what about Macros, like when you need to drink a macros, what do you buy and why?

Here is the thing, I wonder every time we have people over, go to a cookout, etc. Personally, i don't prefer to drink them, so I never know what to get.

OD is aged in Highland Park (scotch) barrels. I think its 8%, but I don't remember.

I don't really drink macros (Bud, Miller, etc.) but, large micros (Sam Adams, Red Hook, etc...) they are just about the same price at Costco.

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Last two I bought were the Guinness anniversary edition, and a four-pack of Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout. That was a while back, and I still have some left of each.

North Coast is also a favorite brewery of mine. Their Old Stock Ale is to die for.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just picked up a six pack of troegs nugget nectar on my beer guy's advice.

samblau

Reaction score
Last I bought was Kelso, a new Brooklyn based brewery..was pretty decent, not exceptional...the last exceptional beer I had was Green Flash West Coast IPA, I am not an IPA lover but this was awesome.

jefe

Reaction score
DFH 90 is delicious and a staple in the refrigerator, as is Rogue Dead Guy Ale (though it can get a little heavy on the caramel flavors).

Currently have one remaining of a sixer of Full Sale pale ale. Decent, lighter and not especially hops-forward.

For macro stuff, Coors Banquet is almost not terrible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads