• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beer etiquette - help needed

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
So, let me get this straight...

If my buddy brings his girlfriend over to my place...

... only if your buddy didn't finish the girlfriend.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I say take the beer back home with you. You'll thereby ensure an infamous status with your friends. You'll be forever thereafter known as "The guy who's so cheap he took his own beer back home from a party."

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
So, let me get this straight...

If my buddy brings his girlfriend over to my place...

crackup[1].gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif
Originally Posted by acidicboy
... only if your buddy didn't finish the girlfriend.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am much more concerned about what kind of beer was it?
smile.gif

Also, as far as Beer etiquette is concerned: Did you drink it right out of the bottle? If yes you are already in violation of Beer etiquette or any adult etiquette for that matter.

Style guy

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that there everyone brought their own beer as well. It's not like mine was the only beer there.

Style guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I've had the luck of having friends who will buy bottles of hard alcohol for a party (usually not cheap), have a few sips or any at all, and leave the bottles at the house.

I love my friends.

However, if it's some sort of house party where the people are drinking Red Dog to my Makers' Mark then **** all, baby's coming back home with Daddy.

With regards to beer, I'm usually at my friend's place every Thursday night playing poker and I've learned something that would probably apply here. Don't know how much beer to buy for a gathering? Buy beer that you know you'll finish that night plus what you think you'd drink the next time you're over. This always ends well because you've got extra beer for friends who don't, extra beer for the host the next day, and if others have acted as gentlemanly as you, extra beer to find you the next time you're over and forgot to bring beer. Essentially you should consider your host's fridge your own.

I wish I could afford some Crown Royal. What if I bring a flask of some good whisky? I'm not leaving the flask there, but everyone can help me drink the contents.

What my friends usually do when they come to my place is they buy beer they know I don't like so that way they can have it for themselves, knowing I won't drink it, so I bring my own and they get tired of drinking their cheap beer and they start drinking mine.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style guy
What my friends usually do when they come to my place is they buy beer they know I don't like so that way they can have it for themselves, knowing I won't drink it...
With friends like these...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style guy
I wish I could afford some Crown Royal. What if I bring a flask of some good whisky? I'm not leaving the flask there, but everyone can help me drink the contents.

What my friends usually do when they come to my place is they buy beer they know I don't like so that way they can have it for themselves, knowing I won't drink it, so I bring my own and they get tired of drinking their cheap beer and they start drinking mine.

1) As long as you're willing to offer friends some of your elixir, you could bring booze in an old Chlorox bottle. Really, as long as you own the container then you can dispense or keep at will. 2) Stick with the good beer, get new friends.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always leave it there, though sometimes it is hard.

It really irks me when I bring something good and everyone else brings Natty Ice-esque beer. In this case, I take an unopened bottle home with me. For the next time, I bring the cheapest beer I can stand to drink.

Style guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
1) As long as you're willing to offer friends some of your elixir, you could bring booze in an old Chlorox bottle. Really, as long as you own the container then you can dispense or keep at will.

2) Stick with the good beer, get new friends.

with the taste of the beer they drink, a Clorox bottle probably tastes better.

I think my flask will be used next card game.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are they drinking? Lakeport? Steeler?

Just bring stuff you know they won't drink. If they prefer cheap, gut rot pilsner, bring some high end Unibroue stuff. All of my alcoholic, cheap beer loving friends can never finish a bottle. They call it an "acquired taste".

Style guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
What are they drinking? Lakeport? Steeler?

Just bring stuff you know they won't drink. If they prefer cheap, gut rot pilsner, bring some high end Unibroue stuff. All of my alcoholic, cheap beer loving friends can never finish a bottle. They call it an "acquired taste".

worse than Lakeport. They are drinking Lucky Lager and Carlings. It is cheap beer and that is probably why they drink it. either that or they don't know any better.

I usually drink Great Western Premium Lager
worship.gif
( damn good stuff IMO) or else Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I am much more concerned about what kind of beer was it?
smile.gif

Also, as far as Beer etiquette is concerned: Did you drink it right out of the bottle? If yes you are already in violation of Beer etiquette or any adult etiquette for that matter.

rolleyes.gif

You wouldn't know beer etiquette if it hit you upside the head.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads