• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Storm

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of problems with the Storm is that I can't see what I'm typing due to my farmer-like thumbs. That and it does take some time to depress the screen. A millisecond perhaps, but it is frustrating. I also found the unit slow.

If apple could just make the keyboard flip to landscape mode when you turn the phone, I'd be sold.

lefty

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
One of problems with the Storm is that I can't see what I'm typing due to my farmer-like thumbs. That and it does take some time to depress the screen. A millisecond perhaps, but it is frustrating. I also found the unit slow.

If apple could just make the keyboard flip to landscape mode when you turn the phone, I'd be sold.

lefty

There are apps that do this, FYI. It is easily do-able on the iPhone if you hack it (and maybe if you don't - not sure).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nahmeanz
I switched from an AT&T Curve to a Storm and I have no regrets whatsoever. I like it more than the iPhone that I had.

Was it a 3G iPhone? Just wondering what you like about the Storm better than the iPhone.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
There are apps that do this, FYI. It is easily do-able on the iPhone if you hack it (and maybe if you don't - not sure).

Really? Being barely able to send a text, I doubt I can hack the phone, but if there's a legitimate application that does this, I'll say goodbye to Verizon. Better to get the iphone at apple or att?

lefty

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it a 3G iPhone? Just wondering what you like about the Storm better than the iPhone.

Does it matter? 3G and 2G iPhone are literally the same thing except for the faster internet and the ****** GPS (no turn by turn).

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Really? Being barely able to send a text, I doubt I can hack the phone, but if there's a legitimate application that does this, I'll say goodbye to Verizon. Better to get the iphone at apple or att?

lefty

Not sure about the legitimate app. By the way, hacking a phone is legitimate. You can easily revert back to regular unhacked mode. Warranty remains because it is untraceable. But yeah, it takes a bit of know-how to take advantage of it. Not for everybody.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But yeah, it takes a bit of know-how to take advantage of it. Not for everybody.

It really doesn't. Maybe at first but these days it's almost a one-click solution.

There are tons of guides out there. The hardest part os probably holding down the Home and Power keys to put the phone in DFU/recovery mode.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
It really doesn't. Maybe at first but these days it's almost a one-click solution.

There are tons of guides out there. The hardest part os probably holding down the Home and Power keys to put the phone in DFU/recovery mode.

Everyone is different. I wouldn't really recommend it to my mom, for example. I suppose you can do most things with the 1-click unlock, but not the cooler things which require SSH.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie

No kidding? So it's not off-the-grid-and-on-the-run-with-a-young-androgynous-Angelina-Jolie?

hackerswallpaper02.jpg

Where's the romance in "holding down the home and power keys?"

lefty

Lucky7

Reaction score
Went to VZW today to get the Storm, and the girl was ever so nice to inform me to wait till the new version comes out, or they work out some of the kinks. I can't live without my current Berry..kind of disapointed, but I was happy she was honest with me.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last I read about it they were releasing an update to fix some bugs. Other than that, no clue.

Again, I'm sure there are tons of reviews out there on various websites.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
So is the consensus that this thing is not very good? Wait for version 2?

Yeah, I held out hope, I wanted to believe. What I discovered instead is that it was crap.

It's all a software issue though, so V.1's issues could be sorted out in a few months. Given RIM's trend with their other BlackBerry's, it's likely that they're already working on the thinner, slimmer, faster version 2 right now.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
lefty its called like SmartType or iType or whatever - it's free from the iPhone store

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads