• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB Golden fleece slim fit polos

easy_golfing

Reaction score
How do the BB golden fleece slim fit polos compare to RL custom fit? Anybody have experience as to quality and how they fit (slim, large, etc...)?

Thanks

sport23b

Reaction score
I can't comment on the fit compared to the RL custom fit, but I can tell you I have been quite happy with both the fit and quality.

Compared to standard BB Polos (which I always felt were much too boxy), the slim fit is trim without being tight. A perfect fit more me: 6'1", 180, Size: M.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
thanks for the help. someone mentioned that the sleeves on the slim fits are longer than they should be. have you found this to be true?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by easy_golfing
thanks for the help. someone mentioned that the sleeves on the slim fits are longer than they should be. have you found this to be true?

No.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The arms were too tight on me on the slim fit large. I actually found that purchasing a medium in regular fit worked out better. I'm a size 44 by the way.

For an even better fit (and nicer materal and buttons), try the BF line. I wear a 4 in BF and it fits me great!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pique polo will shrink a ton if you throw it in the dryer.

They will also shrink (but not so much, or so quickly) if you wash cold and line dry.

A few years ago I bought one of about ten different kinds of polos. The main difference you will find across the brands is the cut, and then whatever bug or logo is put on the chest.

The fabric on the Old Navy polos is just as good as the fabric on the Golden Fleece.

Some brands (I noticed it most with Izod) use a finish or some kind of treatment on the fabric that makes them more appealing when new, in the store. This washes out in two or three washes. And then they are the same as the Old Navy polos. But with a giant alligator or whatever on the chest.

My advice is get the fit you like. And whatever logo you like (if you like one).

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
Any pique polo will shrink a ton if you throw it in the dryer.

They will also shrink (but not so much, or so quickly) if you wash cold and line dry.

A few years ago I bought one of about ten different kinds of polos. The main difference you will find across the brands is the cut, and then whatever bug or logo is put on the chest.

The fabric on the Old Navy polos is just as good as the fabric on the Golden Fleece.

Some brands (I noticed it most with Izod) use a finish or some kind of treatment on the fabric that makes them more appealing when new, in the store. This washes out in two or three washes. And then they are the same as the Old Navy polos. But with a giant alligator or whatever on the chest.

My advice is get the fit you like. And whatever logo you like (if you like one).

I used to have a bunch of old navy polos that i use when doing any sort of labor, and I found they pilled and the fabric became thinner noticably quickly. Also I find my lacoste polos and the RLPL polos that I've felt to be much thinner (especially the RLPL) than the Polo ones. From my middle school years, my Abercrombie and American eagle polos were much thicker and scratchier. And then you have the cut of the various collars. I think it's more complex than you're making it appear. J Crew does make good quality logoless polos however, especially relative to lower end logoless polos.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pique quality definitely matters. H&M shrinks half a size just hang drying, a full size if you put it in the dryer. My polos haven't shrunk any noticeable amount after five cycles of hang drying.

sf_esq

Reaction score
I bought three of them last year and have worn and washed them a lot (cold wash, low dryer) and they have shrunk a bit. Most shrinkage was during the first wash and dry. Since then, it has been minimal. They've held up quite well. Minimal fading as well. I can't compare fit to the Polo custom fits, but quality is at least as good. I suggest you try them on though, because even though all of mine are size M, one of them is noticeably shorter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads