• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It looks like the Hornet from Halo.

That's the thing. Everyone keeps saying how "based in reality" these Batman films are, yet some of you seem ready to believe it's a futuristic hover-ship? I don't see it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really, you think it is shaped like a copter? I can't tell what the hell shape it is.

It's too short and stubby for a plane and I don't see anything that indicates hovercraft. It would need some giant, downward facing, fans or engines to create the lift. The idea of it being a copter with the blades being added post production makes perfect sense to me.

It doesn't need to have blades and it's not that short either. Plus a hovercraft doesn't need to be long like a regular plane since it won't rely on aerodynamics. Plus in other pics, you can see that there is a grill like where a vector jet might push it up.
Yxl8u.jpg

And hovercraft these days aren't too farfetch. A Harrier jet has been in existence for more than a decade now, it isn't too out there to see an improved version of it.

Plus another hint I noticed that it won't be a copter, in the chase scene they had a Police copter in the chase scene, it just seems somewhat redundant to see a batcopter as well. This reasoning might be more of a reach but it just doesn't look like a copter to me.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like the Hornet from Halo.

That's the thing. Everyone keeps saying how "based in reality" these Batman films are, yet some of you seem ready to believe it's a futuristic hover-ship? I don't see it.

Oh yeah because having a pool of water revive the dead or make them younger is as un-realistic as a plane hovering. You simply cannot make that kind of comparison. Now if that vehicle turned into a Bat Sentry, then I'd be on your side.

Like I mentioned before a Harrier jet already hovers off the round before launch, it doesn't need a launching pad/way to take off. It literally floats off the ground and the boost in the back pushes it forward, the same boost turbines are visible in the back of that Bat vehicle.

Hell you can even buy jetpacks these days if you have the money, it isn't perfected but there are jetpacks out there that actually works.

I don't see a hover plane being un-realistic at all.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just think it looks kind of stupid.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

a hovercraft is no more absurd than the ridiculous sonar vision in the dark knight.

definitely the weakest part of The Dark Knight.

Anyone else think the Batwing-hover-copter is going to start off as something else. It looks to me like it may have started as another upgraded version of the Batmobile and morphed/transformed into the Batwing...kind of like the Batcycle.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Anyone else think the Batwing-hover-copter is going to start off as something else. It looks to me like it may have started as another upgraded version of the Batmobile and morphed/transformed into the Batwing...kind of like the Batcycle.

The first one had that absurd mass evaporation machine. It's like he has to toss in one ridiculous techie thing into each film.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

I thought the weakest part of the Dark Knight was that they made Batman into George Bush.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There was some article about Batman being like GWB because he had do to the hard thing and become what everyone hated in order to do what was needed. It was a stupid article, and most likely, the guy you quoted is a stupid poster.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah ok. I figured it was somehow related to the voice thing...

Speaking of that, I never understood the backlash about it. Of course he is going to change his voice when going out as Batman.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah ok. I figured it was somehow related to the voice thing...

Speaking of that, I never understood the backlash about it. Of course he is going to change his voice when going out as Batman.

I think it is just that his voice sounds ridiculous. Kevin Conroy changes his voice between Bruce and Batman, too, but does it better.

PrimusPilus

Reaction score
When I watch these movies, I'm always disappointed when I don't hear Kevin Conroy's voice as Batman. I've always thought Bale's voice is ridiculous.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It didn't bother me.

I had a much harder time accepting someone other then Mark Hamill as the Joker.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

There was some article about Batman being like GWB because he had do to the hard thing and become what everyone hated in order to do what was needed. It was a stupid article, and most likely, the guy you quoted is a stupid poster.

Actually, I was being frivolous. Sort of.

That said, I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask how the scene where they use that sonar-tech with everyone's cell phones, including the brief ethical dialogue around it (In fact, the dialogue around that scenario further validates there may have been some ((bad)) symbolism going on there) isn't evocative of the rationale for the Bush administrations controversial use of the NSA post 9/11?

Also, how about all them OIL bombs? Sort of an inconvenient explosive.

p.s. I'm apolitical. I think our whole system is fucked. I don't know how were aren't basically an oligarchy and with a token democratic republic political system, so don't assume any politico-zeal onto me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads