• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Batman: Dark Knight Rises (movie thread)

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And he looks like he's crying in the picture....wth....

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like the guy in the back is choking/holding his neck.
animation3qo79.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There are also reports that the pits pics aren't actually pits but a Batcave entrance where there could be a scene between Bats and Bane.

Even a Young Ra is a rumor, same with Talia being casted. Other sites says those parts have been casted while others are saying someone else. Like Cotillard, other sites are saying she'll play Talia but others have her as someone else.

In the end, I was just playing about the spoilers. I doubt anything we are saying right now will matter once the movie comes out and again all are guesses so I doubt anyone here is even going to really go with it going in the theaters.

Interesting. Well from what I have read it sounds more certain, but you could be right. I keep going back to the whole "full circle" quote from a while back. Bringing Ras back to the fold would certainly do that. I'm also thinking they could explain away the pits without getting too far removed from the level of reality the films have had.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like the guy in the back is choking/holding his neck.

Yep, looks like he's been lifted off of the ground and is hanging there with his hands around his throat.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still think magic/super natural doesn't work too well with the film.

Also, not sure if fan made but nice poster nonetheless.
JcWYM.jpg

youngScholar

Reaction score
If the above is the actual mask they are going to use, then it's terrible.

The character's actual mask is basically just cloth.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I still think magic/super natural doesn't work too well with the film.

Also, not sure if fan made but nice poster nonetheless.
JcWYM.jpg

Love the poster art!

Maybe, but then again we never did get confirmation that Ras is dead in the first film. He also hinted at being immortal.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't the point of Nolan's Batmans to be set in a semi-real world environment? They might as well bring in Superman, Flash, and Black Adam while they're at it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of realism, reported a few weeks back (not sure if posted here) is that Catwomans suit will be realistic too.

"Anne's outfit is more tactical, like the comic book, than the previous Batman movies. he will definitely be wearing the goggles and it's going to be less sexy than Halle Berry and Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman costumes. She's going to look more like a robber.

But fan boys shouldn't be worried. This costume is going to be form-fitting enough to make Anne look smoking hot."

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I almost posted that yesterday, I was curious how she was going to look but thought it had already been posted on here. I can't wait to see how she looks.

I still want to see flicks of her busting through the ass of her costume. :slayer:

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that mask is way better than the luchador venom mask, it looks sturdy and well constructed which is far more realistic if you need something for protection.

it also humanizes bane making him more relatable, these movies aren't about the supernatural, these aren't comic book movies.

also if they put a full luchador mask on people would continuously be reminded of B&R.

no method actor would sign on to a movie where their face was completely covered the entire film either. you can't gauge anything if you can't see their face.

Chris Nolan knows what he's doing nerds.

Last edited:

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the mask looks cool, creepy as ****.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way the mask is made it looks like his venom might be inhaled instead of injected to his body directly?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By the way the mask is made it looks like his venom might be inhaled instead of injected to his body directly?

interesting idea? maybe it back tracks to Scarecrow?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads