• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Barbaro watch; 24/7

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cringed at the Preakness, watching a pretty cool horse break down. I cringed again when the vetrinarian's diagnosis was broadcast several times.

But do I really need hourly updates on the horse's condition? I have a news crawler across the bottom of my laptop screen and I think it has included a Barbaro update 24/7 since Saturday.

Or am I just a heartless rube?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I'm heartless as well than

It's a bad situation, but it's a HORSE!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if Alden has the trainer's phone number on speed dial . . .

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I wonder if Alden has the trainer's phone number on speed dial . . .
Now that is heartless.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being totally ignorant with regard to matters equine, I was surprised to read that that kind of injury usually results in the animal being put down on the spot. But I could find no explanation as to why that would be -- why would that sort of injury usually be inoperable and/or chronically painful for the animal? How can veterinary medicine be so ineffectual in this day and age?

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
I asked the same question. This kind of injury would immobilize a person for 6 weeks or more. Kind of hard to put a horse in traction.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 112 33.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%