• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baracuta Slimfit... how can I tell?

brandall10

Reaction score
Guys,

Just got a bnwt Baracuta 36" natural thru and eBay seller. It was sold to me as a slimfit (and I asked the seller twice to verify for sure), but I can't find any tags on this indicating such. It's definitely blousier than I was expecting. It works, but I would definitely prefer something more fitting.

Do the tags indicate this anywhere? Any indications on the garment itself? FWIW the tag attached to the collar says "B3366G9 Natural 36" The tag on the zipper says "Baracuta Original". The tag sewn into the tartan says simply Baracuta, Made in England.

EDIT: Measured it against oipolloi's chart and it seems to match for a slim fit (arms exactly 22.5", pit to pit a little harder to pin down but seems about 20.5"). Still, the lack of tagging bothers me. If anyone has a slimfit could confirm the lack of tagging, or it the model number shown above indicates a slimfit. One thing's clear... if this _is_ a 36 slimfit, my little ass could fit in a 34 slim no prob. I'm 5'5", 132 lbs", 38.5" chest, 29" waist (9% bf, lean gymnast physique).

Morgan

Reaction score
I went to the Baracuta site (www.baracuta-g9.com) and added several Natural jackets to my shopping cart to find out their code numbers. It looks like the G9 Slimfit is B3186G9, and the G9 Original is B3227G9. If you google those codes you get several hits for that model jacket, but none for the code you have. I can't figure out exactly what you have. Maybe poke around a little more.

brandall10

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the suggestion.

I notice I can get up close (3356 and 3357) for the Acorn and F1 Red slimfits... I'm assuming those are relatively new colors. Perhaps they haven't updated the model numbers for the latest batches of their more regular colors?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads