• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band of Outsiders

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I agree that BoO's fit a V-shaped body best. Wide shoulders and a narrow waist=perfection.

Just picked up my first BoO shirt off the Bay last night, a glorious blue glen plaid...:embar:

Pics forthcoming...

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a fit picture a couple pages back - it gets down far enough (maybe I have long legs and a short torso, who knows...)

This is true- height and weight alone really don't tell much as everyone distributes them differently. Also, the length varies season-to-season and shirt-to-shirt. I have a bunch of BoO smalls and there's at least a couple inches difference in length from the shortest to longest

I like your gif. :nodding:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you guys have to say about BoO suiting? is the price ridiculous?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's Martin Greenfeld so the quality is up there, the fabrics are really nice, and if you manage to avoid those horrid plastic buttons they're turning to lately, they have some really beautiful (iirc) ebony and horn buttons

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the piping around the lapels of the jackets though on some of the newer pieces

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's Martin Greenfeld so the quality is up there, the fabrics are really nice, and if you manage to avoid those horrid plastic buttons they're turning to lately, they have some really beautiful (iirc) ebony and horn buttons
what do you guys have to say about BoO suiting? is the price ridiculous?
Price is up there, but the quality is worth it. I picked up two blazers at a sample sale a year ago. The sample sales, by the way, at their offices in LA, are bananas. I was ******* overwhelmed. Walked out of there with 5 shirts, 3 polos, two blazers, a knit, and 5 ties for less than 2K. Literally piles and piles of shirts & polos, and a couple racks of blazers and suit pants. Some damaged, most in perfect condition. Everything I got was a-ok. I took the blazers to my tailor and he loved them, told me I needed to keep going to their sample sales, that blazers aren't made this way anymore. He was going through all the details with me. If you can afford a suit, go for it. They are really nice. I have the cash flow to get one at retail, but just don't wear a suit often enough to do it. So far the few occasions I have needed one, I go with the BoO blazer and different color epaulet trousers. Mixed suits can be nice when done right. Anyway, the best investment it he blazers by BoO. I don't own the trousers, but I'm sure they're nice too. Probably less worth the markup than the blazer is.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Price is up there, but the quality is worth it. I picked up two blazers at a sample sale a year ago. The sample sales, by the way, at their offices in LA, are bananas. I was ******* overwhelmed. Walked out of there with 5 shirts, 3 polos, two blazers, a knit, and 5 ties for less than 2K. Literally piles and piles of shirts & polos, and a couple racks of blazers and suit pants. Some damaged, most in perfect condition. Everything I got was a-ok.
I took the blazers to my tailor and he loved them, told me I needed to keep going to their sample sales, that blazers aren't made this way anymore. He was going through all the details with me. If you can afford a suit, go for it. They are really nice. I have the cash flow to get one at retail, but just don't wear a suit often enough to do it. So far the few occasions I have needed one, I go with the BoO blazer and different color epaulet trousers. Mixed suits can be nice when done right.
Anyway, the best investment it he blazers by BoO. I don't own the trousers, but I'm sure they're nice too. Probably less worth the markup than the blazer is.

Damn, sample sales sound amazing. Do you know when these go down/are you willing to proxy?

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's whats up mss, thanks man. i don't wear suits much either and when i do it's usually to a casual event so this may be good for me. gonna keep an eye out for a nice blazer/suit. I'm 5'8" 140 hope I'm right in looking for a size 1.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's whats up mss, thanks man. i don't wear suits much either and when i do it's usually to a casual event so this may be good for me. gonna keep an eye out for a nice blazer/suit. I'm 5'8" 140 hope I'm right in looking for a size 1.

I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs, a small/US 36R in most brands/suits and take a size 2 (38) in the blazers with no tailoring needed whatsoever. Like MS says, the blazers are a work of art, really, really good work goes into them.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Damn, sample sales sound amazing. Do you know when these go down/are you willing to proxy?

Usually December. I know a couple dudes, not well, who work there. I'll probably sniff around in early December. I am willing to proxy, but you gotta know what you want and what size. I'm bad enough at choosing things for myself, couldn't imagine selecting for others. I'll send you a PM if it comes around again.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs, a small/US 36R in most brands/suits and take a size 2 (38) in the blazers with no tailoring needed whatsoever. Like MS says, the blazers are a work of art, really, really good work goes into them.

I'm 5'10" 150 and take the 2 in BoO, but my height/weight is obviously distributed to 2 more inches of height, so it makes sense that I might need tailoring while you wouldn't. I also bought mine sample, nothing I could determine wrong with them, but maybe there was a fit flaw I couldn't see that needed to be corrected through tailoring.

I think at 5'8" 140 a 1 might be right, not sure.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks tonio, might have to stop by barneys and try one on.

MS if/when the sample sale comes around again gimme a heads up too plz if you happen to remember. gracias

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Usually December. I know a couple dudes, not well, who work there. I'll probably sniff around in early December. I am willing to proxy, but you gotta know what you want and what size. I'm bad enough at choosing things for myself, couldn't imagine selecting for others. I'll send you a PM if it comes around again.

Sick, yea I have my sizes down in BoO and a rough idea of what I want. Would be great to get a proxy for dat.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sick, yea I have my sizes down in BoO and a rough idea of what I want. Would be great to get a proxy for dat.

If it's like last year, it's nutso. I didn't know what to expect, and I walked in and almost **** my pants with joy.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didya meet Scott Sternberg?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads