1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Band of Outsiders

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caveat, Feb 5, 2009.

1. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

Are the polos fitting the same as button downs?

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

I find the polos to fit "slightly" larger. If you are between sizes, go down. If not go TTS

3. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

I was thinking that unfortunately. The one polo I wanted too. I wear a sz 4 in band shirts and medium in gitman. I assumed id be a 4 in polos too.

4. London

London Senior member

Sizing for polos is all over the pace. I'm a true medium and some of the polos that I've bought in a size 3 are skin tight, some true to size. Some 4's have fit as well

5. Evodem

Evodem Active Member

What's even more whack is that retailers advertise sizes differently. End and Mr. Porter say a 2=a small while places like Nordstrom and Context say 2=medium.

6. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

so, got my first BoO oxford and yeah, it's pretty nice (although not quite sure it justifies the price-tag - still a good step up from my 'qlo.)

anyway, i ordered knowing well that they run slim and short, and yep, they sure do run short. i'm a pretty sure 46 (albeit quite tall at 6', w/ a long torso at that) and opted for the size 2 (which fits well everywhere - except length). perhaps i'm simply used to longer oxfords but on the sides this guy is right on my belt line. certainly above that with arms overhead.

what do we think? is this too short? or just idiosyncratic of the cut?

edit: might post of some pics but interim advice is appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. rydude87

rydude87 Member

Hey guys!

I just found the brand Band of Outsiders and think it will be the perfect fit for my V shaped body (you know how hard it can be to find good fitting clothing). I am a muscular 5'9 165lbs 30-31 inch waist. I have broad shoulders and have a 38-39 size chest (for a suit jacket off the rack). Do you think I should go for a medium (2) or a large (3) in BoO?

For reference:

I wear a medium for Scotch and Soda and it fits great (maybe a tad tight in the chest but it is fine for me)
    Medium in 7 Diamonds
    Medium in Diesel (Large for diesel jackets)
    Medium for G-star
    Medium for H&M
    Medium for hugo boss slim fit shirts

I like my t shirts, to feel real fitted

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

9. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

What kind of weave does BoO OCBD shirts have? Plain, pinpoint or royal?

10. frutiger

frutiger New Member

first post here.

BoO shirt owners: need some assistance.

i own quite a few BoO LS button downs (mainly oxfords, but a few others, as well). i'm very particular about fit, and loved the way they wear. for years, they were the only button down shirts i bought.

i wear a 0 (or, for old BoO shirts...XS).

now that they're defunct (for now...), i need help with pinpointing other brands that make similar-fitting shirts.

crucial characteristics (i.e. the hallmarks of BoO shirts):

-high armholes
    -very slim through the chest
    -very narrow sleeves
    -curved hem
    -short length (i.e. basically at the belt-ish)

so, what other brands out there currently make similarly cut shirts? in other words, what brands out there make shirts with as little excess fabric as possible?

any kindhearted peeps out there willing to make some suggestions?

cheers.

11. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Club Monaco slim fit and New England Shirt co. Naked and famous are good too, but they are much more rigid than a boo and the button holes seem sloppy to me.

Id also add brooks bros black fleece, but they are defunct as well so that doesn't help haha.

12. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

13. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

14. London

London Senior member

the brand is caput