• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

EG Shannon, 82 last. I don't think I have ever been quite so besotted with a pair of RTW (or, really, MTO) shoes as I am with these. Sorry for the half-assed shine. What can I say; I'm no sysdoc. Any shoe geek who does not have a pair of these (ahem, ap, jc, rh) is a disgrace to shoe geekdom.
dscn2654ew3.jpg
dscn2655cf3.jpg
dscn2650xi7.jpg
dscn2653tc5.jpg
dscn2651xb6.jpg
dscn2652pn3.jpg
I'm not a boot person, but my faves are definitely the Lobb Brooklands, as pictured above, and these -
johnlobb5largehl4.jpg
johnlobb6largefr9.jpg
Here are some pictures of my pair of Shannons. I chose Midnight Navy for the uppers as a substitute for the traditional grey colour such as in this example from JL St James:
MS6.JPG
All along I had planned to polish the uppers with a coat of black shoe polish to make them look even more greyish. Before (photo by Leather Soul Hawaii):
sh.jpg
After:
shannon1sv1.jpg
shannon2of4.jpg
The contrast looks even more subtle in natural light (I have used flash) and when the uppers are better concealed underneath trouser hems. They are made on the 202 last in D width. I strongly recommend that anyone planning to order a pair stick with the hooks rather than eyelets as it makes it immeasurably easier to put on and take off the boots.
Wow, quite a few Bals. Here is my Shannon2 which I got a few months ago, in dark oak and mink suede:
p1040081in4.jpg
And here is the boot that I am using the most cause they go with jeans and khakis:
p1040085tv7.jpg
Shannon II have arrived...
DSC00413.jpg
DSC00414.jpg
I thought the calf uppers would have been much lighter and now I'm not sure the coffee suede is the best match.
Some recent St. Crispin's boot damage...
eg_1.jpg
eg_3.jpg
eg_5.jpg
Shannons in Midnight blue antique on the 82 last. Custom requests were blind eyelets all the way, a plain cap toe with no brogueing, single leather sole + toe taps. The true colour is as hard to describe as it is to capture; depending on the ambient light they can appear anything from black to slate grey to an indigo denim like blue. Alas, in London it's another dull rainy day which didn't help the photo session. *edit* Marks for those who can spot the 'swan' flying across the right shoe + apologies for flagrantly disregarding the old proverb 'blue and green should never be seen'
Originally Posted by johnapril
I wouldn't touch the color. They are unique and fantastic.
Thanks for the kind words John... I took the original photos in haste. It was late evening when I got around to opening the parcel. Poor artificial lighting & a less than ideal camera phone have not helped. I have since taken some better photos that are far more representative and I think help to portray the boots in a better light. Seeing the boots in daylight has quashed my concerns. I am entirely happy them as is, although I would still like another pair.
EGShannonII3i.jpg
2nd pair of shannons going on from the midnight blue antique as featured on page 13. I was so enamoured with T4phage's pair on page 4 that, with his permission, I decided to use those for inspiration. Dark oak / mink suede on 82 last, single leather sole, blind eyelets and featuring the southwold 'short wing' cap. They promised a three month turnaround and it was bang on 3 months.
MRR_0894.jpg
MRR_0912.jpg
MRR_0913.jpg
MRR_0916.jpg
Shannon II, Edwardian Antique, 606:
p1020851ql8.jpg
p1020852kq3.jpg
p1020853yt2.jpg
p1020854gy8.jpg
p1020856ae4.jpg
C&J Avebury II (probably) bought from Foster and Sons.
CIMG1098.jpg
CIMG1099.jpg
CIMG1101.jpg
Just arrived today! If the nice folks at EG ever decide to create a Gherkins model, this shoe would get my vote! Shannon V with Beaulieu toecap, 82 last, Edwardian. And because I am absolutely stunned by this shoe, let me add my tribute to the shoe fairy:
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Hello everyone, Here is the Avebury by C&J, size 9, width F which I acquired this week
smile.gif
I found out, however that size 9 in this width is equally long as 9.5 in size E That is why they fit so well
rolleyes.gif
aveburycrockettjones001zi5.jpg
aveburycrockettjones001be8.jpg
aveburycrockettjones001cz8.jpg
aveburycrockettjones001cm2.jpg
aveburycrockettjones001yv8.jpg
regards, dirk
Winter can come: EG Shannon with Malvern toe cap, Dark Oak, 82
Gaziano & Girling MTO Wigmore on the TG73 smart square last with steel eyelets and bevelled DOUBLE LEATHER SOLE in Vintage Rioja heavily antiqued/burnished.
IMG_0262.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0257.jpg
Congrats Michael! The colour is beautiful. As you've justifiably revived this wonderful thread, I'll just add this pic to the many other handsome examples:
Shannons2.jpg
I'll be buying a pair of these from Ron when they're available:
21-aug-08-024.jpg
My second entry G&G Canterbury balmoral boot The request for brogueing along the balmoral line got lost in the numerous changes I made to my order...but I still like the boot...Manton's original picture post at the beginning of this thread was the inspiration
IMG_0503.jpg
G&G 3 piece boot tree
IMG_0504.jpg
... wonder what you think of these Grenson Masterpieces for Paul Stuart:
Here are some photos of the dark brown/suede Grenson for Paul Stuart. I've since put on a touch more of an antique finish around the toes. Not exactly Shannons, but definitely fun. Best, David
thread delivers

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oxblood cordovan G&G boots for A Suitable Wardrobe. The shape is spectacular.
aswwinterbootsai5.jpg
C&J for Foster & Son They call it the Montrose.
cjboot2gy3.jpg
Here are my Grensons: What I really want though is some advice on the church's to follow in my next post...
Yawn. Yet another boring black shoe. Shannon, 82.
img3138z.jpg
Crockett & Jones "Higham" Beechnut (360 last)
Picture385.jpg
[/IMG]
Picture381.jpg
Picture384.jpg
smile.gif
Regards, Graham
I've seen this picture on depiedencap, i really like the colour of those EG shannon MTO's. What's your take ?
EG MTO Shannon II Edwardian w/ Southwald toe Cap 82 Last EG MTO Shannon Coffee Suede 82 Last
Shameless self-promo:
100_3869.jpg
100_3873.jpg
100_3872.jpg
100_3870.jpg
100_3877.jpg
100_3878.jpg
100_3871.jpg
I never posted these on here because anything black doesn't get much love on SF, but I figured WTF? Could be a nice followup to Wes's beautiful Grensons. These are my MTO Rider Balmoral Boots I got from Ron at his trunk show at Leffot last fall hence Steven's beautiful photos. They are black shell cordovan:
Boot.jpg
Boot2.jpg
Made by yours truly.
From Permanent Style: Simon Crompton's beautiful, albeit ill-fitting, suede Rivolta boots:
DSC_4792.JPG
DSC_4800.JPG
Crockett & Jones in Tan Wax Calf (365 last)
september17021.jpg
^^ Thanks JayJay. Here they are on the feet:
imgp4289l.jpg
and on the bike:
imgp4291i.jpg
I've worn them several times, including a couple times for half hour rides in the rain. They're very comfortable and very supportive. Great for walking and on the bike. Lots of neat little details like the loop in the back. Makes it easy to get on but doesn't get caught on even a pretty narrow pant leg. Thanks again to Chay and the others at AS!
G&G Canterbury in Vintage Rioja on the DG70​
tumblr_ln1nwn4dGW1qj30hz
Some MTO Shannon I grabbed a few months back. Burgundy and Burnt Pine.
Grenson Masterpiece for Paul Stuart. Similar to the one posted above
Mantellassi
Just got my new Alfred Sargents on friday...
IMG_4531.JPG
IMG_4533.JPG
IMG_4537.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
My Grenson balmorals just came in. At long last, I can post in this thread. God, I love them already....
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
Comfy enough with athletic socks - dress socks should be a breeze. Just love the fit.
001.jpg
002-1.jpg
That does it. I'm saving up for another pair.
a few pics of Grenson Masterpiece for Paul Stuart
Found these looking around the net...... EDWARD GREEN FOR HARDY AMIES Available for purchase here
Gaziano & Girling Wigmore size UK11F
What do you guys think of these? Septième Largeur (€300) Markowski (€250) Does anyone has these? I know one of the forum members has the Markowski's, but I can't remember who... WhyAlwaysMe
and now in my house, in a box under the tree
These arrived with the mail today: WhyAlwaysMe
Cross-post from the GG thread:
Grenson Balmoral Boots
34o59wi.jpg
2w74j85.jpg
9tdft4.jpg
1zppsp0.jpg
Thought since I finally joined up that I'd post the boots that Ron Rider via Leffot made up for my wedding last year. Herringbone tweed uppers.
X-Post
7158299748_1e2de44d85_z.jpg
DC Lewis Horween #8 Shell Cordovan
mhmm

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

X-Post
7158299748_1e2de44d85_z.jpg
DC Lewis Horween #8 Shell Cordovan
the shape has an orthopedic retro vibe, imo. can we have an better angle? would be great. the shell is nice.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the shape has an orthopedic retro vibe, imo. can we have an better angle? would be great. the shell is nice.
I think this is a result of my poor picture-taking skills. I'll wear them later this week and get better shots. In the meantime, here is another shot (sadly not much better angle):
6800297076_339a2a5f22_n.jpg
On another note, noticed my C&J Somerville did not make the cut from the pics above. My humble addition:
6947177876_e82ac2eef4_n.jpg

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NAMOR: every time I see your Wigmore's with the pebble uppers... Think if you toss them in the dryer they'll shrink to my size? :happy:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52