• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baldessarini?

Timothy

Reaction score
Right now I have a Baldessarini suit on hold at my local Hugo Boss outlet store. The final price for the suit, after the discount, is $200. I know this is a good price for a suit, but still I'm hesitant. I am curious if they make good quality suits, a steal at that price, or should I save my money? Thanks.

pstoller

Reaction score
The Baldessarini line is the best Boss makes, which is pretty darned good. The only question I would have is, why is that suit at an outlet? As long as it's not for a reason that would make you not want the suit, it's a steal at $200.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mr Baldessarini has left Boss, which might be the reason why your suit is discounted. He launched the women's range (now suspended) which turned out to be the company's "Heaven's Gate". I don't know whether or not they continue with the Baldessarini name for Boss' top line. But without a doubt they are (or were) top suits and at the price you mentioned, it will be a steal.

Timothy

Reaction score
I would then suggest that those of you interested check out your local Hugo Boss outlet for they may have some Baldessarini suits in your area. Why they are there I don't know pstoller, there appears to be nothing wrong with it. What defects should one be aware of and on the look out for? Obvious ones would be rips, stains, or flawed stiches. Are there certain subtle flaws to look for, and how could one tell? Like maybe the suit was slightly miscut? As to why it is so cheap is that the manager told me the Baldessarini suits were misspriced ($399 for mine), plus they're having a 50% off sale on top of that so thus $200. I was also told they had 100% cashmere suits that I missed out on for they sold right away. There is also a BOSS Hugo Boss pure silk suit (black with purple pin stripes) for $300 that I like a lot, but have really little need for since I have no social life because of my job.
sad.gif
Once again I say check into your area for they have some nice suits for little $, plus mine is also selling almost all of their shirts for $29. Thanks.

pstoller

Reaction score
...there appears to be nothing wrong with it. What defects should one be aware of and on the look out for? Obvious ones would be rips, stains, or flawed stiches. Are there certain subtle flaws to look for, and how could one tell? Like maybe the suit was slightly miscut?

Well, it's also possible that it's a suit that was altered for someone else, and then they didn't pick it up for whatever reason.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when the Boss Woman Line was launched, and I remember thinking: Hmmm, I didn't know that women wanted was a franchise in a brand whose image is nearly oppressively masculine, and whose public perception was that of a fashion workhorse: dependable, sturdy, and utterly unexciting.

After all, women already have many, much more reasonably priced, conservative workwear lines like Ann Talbot, work-ready but more chic ranges by Calvin and Donna, and masterful minimalist designers like Jil Sander and Giorgio Armani.

It seemed like Boss wanted to break into the middle range, which, notwithstanding its image problems, seemed like the area of stiffest competition, given that most in-house labels are also competing for the same market. I would really like to have seen the business plan for Boss Woman.

eldridge

Reaction score
Timothy,

Which BOSS outlet are you near? By chance the one in Upland or Camarillo, CA?

Eldridge

Timothy

Reaction score
Actually on the whole other coast, Lancaster PA.
Just out of my curiousity why did you ask?

eldridge

Reaction score
I have been to the outlet stores in both Camarillo and Upland and their BOSS Hugo Boss outlets only had a few Hugo suits and pieces, nothing from the Baldessarini line-- I thought that those two stores might have gotten some in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics