• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bacon in the oven

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have a button for bacon.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bacon comes out better if you lay them under the broiler. The way my mother makes it blows all other "good" bacon to oblivion. It crispy yes soft and absolutely delicious.

Ysandre

Reaction score
Good bacon alternative = prociutto. It crisps up in the oven like bacon, but with less fat.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Bacon comes out better if you lay them under the broiler. The way my mother makes it blows all other "good" bacon to oblivion. It crispy yes soft and absolutely delicious.

Bacon cooked properly is pretty low fat.

What's the broiler recipe?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone say bacon? I give you: Turbaconducken (Turducken Wrapped in Bacon) http://bacontoday.com/turbaconducken...pped-in-bacon/
cooked-front.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Bacon cooked properly is pretty low fat.

What's the broiler recipe?

Lay it under the broiler at a distance about 8-10 inches from the broiler, not too close though or you will burn down your house. There really is no real recipe you just need to keep a close eye on the bacon and dont forget to turn it. Just cook it to your liking.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on the broiler -- same concept as baking using a lipped pan. I find it takes something less than 12 minutes, but it is no doubt oven dependent.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5

Not dissing your mom's cooking, but how can it be crispy and soft? (My own preferences run to crispy.)

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bake it in

11.25InchCastIronGrillPan_300.jpg

Drippings have room to drip, and you get hassle free seasoning to your cast iron too.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whenever I read the thread title, my first thought is that Kwilikies is preggers.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broiler bacon is wonderful. Add fresh cracked black pepper for some spice, and some maple syrup for some sweetness to balance out the saltiness of the bacon. It is perfect.

For those that want a healthy option, I hear wraps are one of the healthiest food items these days. So, take that broiler bacon and wrap it in a slice of maple sugar ham, and there you go, a healthy and delicious option.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Not dissing your mom's cooking, but how can it be crispy and soft? (My own preferences run to crispy.)
Don't you dare question my mothers bacon. Ever. But I will try to explain as best I can. The flame from the broiler makes the outside of the layer crispy while the center of the bacon remains soft. Maybe your idea of crispy is my idea of crunchy....
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Try microwaving if you feel the need for speed. It's surprisingly okay.
Microwaving bacon is great. I lay a couple of paper towels onto a plate and then a few strips of bacon. Absorbs all the fat run-off. After, I lay a couple more paper towels on top of the bacon and microwave for about 5 minutes depending on the microwave.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads