• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Backpack: Need, but Do Not Like

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have been carrying the Saddleback for a week now. Love it. This is my bag. Will post a full review soon.
p1010537h.jpg
Originally Posted by Crane's
Huntsman, I've called Saddleback the Filson of leather bags. The quality of material is top notch and the guarantee is gold not to mention their pricing is very reasonable. Their customer service is good too. I have no doubt that my Saddleback stuff will last a long long time no matter what I drag them through just like my Filson stuff.
Thanks, man, appreciated your confidence.
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
RE: Trains and backpacks Please, if you start taking the train and walking, please do me (and everyone else) a huge favor: Take off your bag when you get on the train and carry it in your hand. If you have a huge, 30 pound backpack on your back, you can actually swing that around when you turn with a surprisingly amount of force, hitting people smaller than your (or seated) right in the face) and not even know it. Or figure out a way to keep it in *front* of you. This is one reason I prefer messenger bags over backpacks in that when I board a bus, I can just swing it to the front and avoid plastering people with it. Then again, I've also had extensive collarbone surgery and backpack straps aggravate the hell out of it, so I either go one strap or go without. :p
Yep. With you all the way. ~ H

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks like you got the same color as mine. Hope you enjoy it, and it'll help you build some strength too I'd imagine. Looking at that picture though, I almost can't believe mine's the same after aging.

silverspoons

Reaction score
Pretty sweet backpack, me gusta :) I think I wear too much black, so I usually like to have a bit of colour for my bags :p Trying to instill the same ideals with my nephew, as I bought him a super colourful backpack from this company www.ergobag.com. I don't think that you can get more colourful than their backpacks :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads