• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B&W Society of Sound - any other subscribers?

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else here bought a subscription to the Bowers and Wilkins 'Society of Sound' music download service? I uhmed and ahhed for a bit and took the plunge yesterday.. and find myself rather pleased with it.

The catalogue if far from extensive, but there are some very good (many specially made) recordings and you come across interesting things you otherwise wouldn't have. Every month 2 new recordings are added. The decisive factor for me was that everything is lossless format - it even will add items automatically to the iTunes library upon download, ready to be synced onto my music server.
smile.gif

Curious what the other music/audio enthusiasts here think of the service?

mljones99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Has anyone else here bought a subscription to the Bowers and Wilkins 'Society of Sound' music download service? I uhmed and ahhed for a bit and took the plunge yesterday.. and find myself rather pleased with it.

The catalogue if far from extensive, but there are some very good (many specially made) recordings and you come across interesting things you otherwise wouldn't have. Every month 2 new recordings are added. The decisive factor for me was that everything is lossless format - it even will add items automatically to the iTunes library upon download, ready to be synced onto my music server.
smile.gif

Curious what the other music/audio enthusiasts here think of the service?

I've heard about this and sounds pretty cool. Can you give some some example of what albums they have?

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, missed these replies...

Originally Posted by mljones99
I've heard about this and sounds pretty cool. Can you give some some example of what albums they have?
They have a collaboration going with Peter Gabriel's recording studio and the London Symphony Orchestra, the latter of which means they have a few very nice recordings of classical greats (Mozart and Verdi Requiems, the Messiah etc.). The former results in a wide variety of stuff, with a fair bit of jazz, blues etc.

Originally Posted by celeste_pista
can you play what you've downloaded after your subscription lapses?
Yep. It's yours for keeps.

londonchris

Reaction score
I downloaded some of the free stuff before Christmas when I upgraded my B&W setup and looking through the catalog again now there's actually some pretty cool stuff in there - I think I may well take the plunge too.... I don't know about you guys but since getting into 'listening' more seriously my musical tastes have diversified even further, and now I can enjoy listening to pretty much anything that's well produced? I guess that's what attracted me to the Society of Sound in the first place...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads