• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

available poon vs. desired poon

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Where's Picard facepalm when you need it? You're at an age and an attitude where I'd listen to Flambeur relationship advice and it's not like I always agree with him.

Suicmez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
OK, I really like this girl (this is the possible friend zone case, I haven't really figured out where I stand), so I can deal with that.

Alright... well there's a few things to do. This is mostly for a relationship. Straight one nighters or flings are more situational, and you gotta roll that **** on your own.
First.. evaluate the situation: Here's where a bit of thinking comes in handy-
Ask some questions about her: For starters, does she have a boyfriend? (sounds stupid but a lot of girls I've liked have seemed single and I later found out otherwise).

Second, determine what type of girl she is: Is she easy, just looking to have fun, not really looking for anything meaningful? Or is she more good-natured, wholesome and just a sweet girl in all aspects of life? Or the third type...hasn't really done anything, seems sweet, but is inexperienced and confused about what she wants/how to do things. There are more types I'm sure.. but these are the types I see/I care about.

Third, step back and ask yourself the same question: What kind of guy are you? What can you offer her? Does she want to have that in her life? Those lame pick-up artist books and whatnot can tell you that you can get any girl with these 5 easy steps.. but the reality is, if you don't suit the girls' needs, she won't care how good your pick-up lines or precise angle of your head 2 minutes into the conversation is. Aside from Arthur Kade, you have a set group of women that find you attractive. There are attractive women in every group. Learn what group this is, and exploit the hell out of it.

Fourth, after answering these questions, determining what type she is/what type you are, make the connection: Do you fit together? Do you have similar interests, etc? Are you each other's type? I assume she is yours because you like her, but try to get inside her head and pose the questions about yourself.

Now, I gather from your responses that you're not ideally seeking some empty headed whore to do the deed with, rather a nice sweet girl who is nice to talk to and sleep with. So, my advice is go for the shy ones. Shy girls to me are a very exciting prospect.. because they're shy! Hence, no one notices them, but everyone wants attention to some extent. EVERY girl wants to have a solid boyfriend, some are just confused and dunno what they want (the sluts), some are waiting for the PERFECT guy (these are your shy virgin types) and there are the in-betweens, have been with a few guys initially, but now know enough to know what they want, and are going to focus on finding it in the future. I want you to be in the in-between group, you have that experience under your belt, so you know how to bang and the like, but you have that experience under your belt.. so you're cool enough to wait and see what's right for you.

Summary: Find a nice girl that computes with all the questions I posed above AFTER you have a bit of experience under your belt. More girls will appear to you afterwards. Prospects seem to just increase as your confidence with girls increases. A huge part of this is confidence in bed. Cannot stress this enough, a lot of guys are worried about how things go in the bedroom, so they're afraid of even making to first step, for fear of embarassment not in the initial stages, but at the end. Confidence in the bedroom, and knowing that you are good, and knowing you can give girls what they want is such a powerful thing for any guy. But, don't be a douchebag about it.. just sort of keep it secret to yourself like a secret weapon that makes you better than any girl you are talking to.

If you want to get these girls that are the hottest at your school..only advice that will better your chances is to treat them like any other girl. Just because they're hot, doesn't mean they deserve any special treatment. If they say something stupid, make fun of them for it. Compliment something that isn't obvious about them, just try to be straight up with them. Talk to them like they're your friends, yes, but like they're your male friends. You are going to be more honest this way, not just a barrage of compliments that they will just use and discard. Show them you mean something. This is where that new found confidence comes in, hence why you need to get initial easy poon (but just a bit, don't go whoring yourself out to every girl who makes themselves available to you). Worst thing you can do is have high standards, because chances are, unless you bear a striking resemblance to Robert Pattinson.. you're going to need some experience and build a bit of a reputation for yourself, get some swagger, and show girls that you're worth sleeping with. Don't go seeking a relationship in high school thinking it will last. If you want to go to college, date a girl, but don't make the moves seeming like you're going to be married in 3 years. Have your fun, but get some practice at relationships too. I like writing a lot, it makes me feel important.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think wmmk is a good kid at heart but every time I read a thread he starts I want to punch something or him.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
All girls are whores.

Do what I do, knock it out the park.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
OK, I really like this girl (this is the possible friend zone case, I haven't really figured out where I stand), so I can deal with that.

60474tacticalfacepalm.jpg

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
There is a difference between inspirational ******* ***** and opportunistic *******. Each serves its purpose.

Misogynistic? Please.

Originally Posted by Fuuma
Where's Picard facepalm when you need it? You're at an age and an attitude where I'd listen to Flambeur relationship advice and it's not like I always agree with him.
I'd be happy to take his advice if I knew exactly what he was advising. Maybe I'm dense.

Originally Posted by Suicmez
~lots of good advice~
Based on your criteria, this girl (the friend I really like) and I make sense for each other. The only problem is that I think she's relatively inexperienced and would want to take things slowly, which is a problem since she leaves for college in the fall.

Originally Posted by robertorex
I think wmmk is a good kid at heart but every time I read a thread he starts I want to punch something or him.
Nah, I know. I just say all the stupid **** in my head on teh intarwebz so I don't end up saying it in real life.

Originally Posted by jet
All girls are whores.

Do what I do, knock it out the park.

You're the ******* man, jet.

Neo_Version, is trying to work myself out of the friend zone or my willingness to let this girl get attached to me causing the fail?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you really like this girl, get the chance to know her. You say you're friends with her. That's a start. It wasn't uncommon for my lady_friend and I to talk on the phone for 3 hours every other night when we started getting to know one another. Look where we are now. At the same time, I'm not suggesting you follow in my footsteps. You still seem rather inexperienced. But make an effort and soon, you might obtain your desired poon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
If you really like this girl, get the chance to know her. You say you're friends with her. That's a start. It wasn't uncommon for my lady_friend and I to talk on the phone for 3 hours every other night when we started getting to know one another. Look where we are now. At the same time, I'm not suggesting you follow in my footsteps. You still seem rather inexperienced.

But make an effort and soon, you might obtain your desired poon.

?????

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Look where we are now...
Where is that, exactly? Edit: Too late
frown.gif
. I blame it on suicmez's long post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads