• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Authenticity check for 501xx?

patience82

Reaction score
Came across these for sale on another forum. Can anybody tell me whether or not these are legit? It's just that the coin pocket doesn't look quite right to me, what with what appears to be selvage on the outside.

levis501xx4ui.jpg

levis501xxn0mm.jpg

levis501xxnn7hq.jpg

patience82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
those are thai fakes. you should buy them if you like them, as long as the price isnt very high.

I'd thought so, but I just wanted some confirmation. He was selling them for $120 Singapore dollars, which according to XE.com comes out to about $76 USD.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for 99.99 you can get a pair of distressed lvc 47s from the levis store online. i think the extra 25$ would be worth it.

Tabris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
for 99.99 you can get a pair of distressed lvc 47s from the levis store online. i think the extra 25$ would be worth it.

I'd rather get Thai fakes, I think they look much better...they usually do...if only they weren't fake.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Levi's have never, ever had a coin pocket that showed the selvage on the outside.

The Thai fakes are pretty well done - they pay people to wear in the jeans.

PunctualAlex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
Where? I just went and looked around the Levis store and I couldn't find anything like that...

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I wish I could find these jeans raw. I think I would pay about 50 for them.

YoungPunch

Reaction score
Actually, those washed 1947s on the levis store webpage have gone down to like 76 dollars, BUT...I ordered the charlie washed 47's in a size 31, thinking the actual waist measured 31 inches. That was the size BEFORE they washed it and distressed it. They actually were like a fricken 29 or 28 waist!!! I mean, I am a size 30 on the tight side, 31 fits/is comfortable, and these jeans gave me a fucken headache from cutting off my circulation! So, they are sized real small, you should only buy them if you are a true size 29 or 28 waist.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Levi's have never, ever had a coin pocket that showed the selvage on the outside.

The Thai fakes are pretty well done - they pay people to wear in the jeans.

That's sad and gross.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungPunch
Actually, those washed 1947s on the levis store webpage have gone down to like 76 dollars, BUT...I ordered the charlie washed 47's in a size 31, thinking the actual waist measured 31 inches. That was the size BEFORE they washed it and distressed it. They actually were like a fricken 29 or 28 waist!!! I mean, I am a size 30 on the tight side, 31 fits/is comfortable, and these jeans gave me a fucken headache from cutting off my circulation! So, they are sized real small, you should only buy them if you are a true size 29 or 28 waist.
yes. Welcome to the world of shrink to fit. A 501 is already a pretty tight fit at the waist (I wear 31 in 501 and 30 in other jeans/dress pants)
My 1947 waist was 79cm (31''), and it went down to 74cm after the first wash (roughly 2 inches drop), have I let it dry like that, I wouldn't have been able to fit in. While damp, I stretched it back to 31'' with a manly grunt and I used clippers to keep it strecthed while hang drying.
It's still 31'' now and the overall fit is closer to my body everywhere else.

!luc

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
That's sad and gross.

Its kinda sad, but its not like it's really hard labor or something. You pay like $5 for the jeans, wear them in and then sell them back for like $25.

With the "Levis" they use over there, it only takes a month or so to get a good fade. THen you sell them on eBay as vintage jeans.
crazy.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads