• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's coxy?

I worry.

Some say he walked into the Canali boutique and never walked out.

He came he saw he did a little shopping?

Either that or he's a prisoner of the DPRK.

So it's a kidnap. Just a matter of where he is being held.

He's been posting over in the "What are you wearing right now" thread. I suppose that he's just been busy with travel and moving.

Thanks for your concern gentlemen. Had a huge house-move last weekend, and have been extremely busy at work. Will be posting again soon. But first I have to hang some curtains.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably your only option:

Interestingly, this sculpture is well known to me, being located just around the corner from where I used to live in Shanghai. It's at a place called the Shanghai RedTown Sculpture Park. Right next to it is a huge (like about six feet tall) bronze bust of Albert Einstein. And there's all sorts of other odd stuff there too.

Note the tripod supports for the trees in the background. This is very common in Shanghai, which occasionally cops typhoon winds.

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
@Windowpane1967 - great to hear from you and I hope that all is well!

Ashley and Schreder are good for simple alterations (ie hemming trousers etc) but for anything more complex, I'd go to Regent Tailors.

Regent and Ashley and Schreder are now in the same building - the T&G Building on the corner of Queen and Albert Streets in the middle of the mall, opposite Hungry Jacks. It's the building with the "alleyway" around the back with Little Singapore and Avanti in it.

Let me know when you've got some free time, as it would be lovely to catch up and have a chat.
Thanks Journeyman. Appointment made for Monday at noon. Looking forward to it.

Thank you again.

Chris

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

swpkr88

Reaction score
Having recently graduated from university and never really having had to wear anything semi formal I've never bought decent shoes in my life and I am looking at rectifying this. Black oxford cap-toes seem to be like the best option and a shoe i should definitely own for business/weddings/semi formal events. Can anyone recommend where to buy? Preferably in person.

I would like them as cheap as possible given that I don't actually envisage wearing them much for the time being, however, given I just bought a nice tailored suit I don't want to be wearing noticeably cheap shoes that I will need to replace. Ideally I can find a shoe now and it will last me years and years. Just seeking maximum versatility and max "bang for buck" i guess.

My issue with buying online is that ideally I would like the shoes within a week or two, and secondly, having never really bought a decent pair of shoes i'm completely unfamiliar with proper sizing and a little bit weary about taking a punt online. Having said that, if ordering online is a clear winner then I have no issue going down this route.

I'm no expert but just from some of the pictures I've seen it looks as though the black calf leather shoes look a bit nicer and not so shiny, i definitely want to avoid the ultra shiny, borderline mirror, looking polished black shoes.

Any recommendations? Thanks :)

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having recently graduated from university and never really having had to wear anything semi formal I've never bought decent shoes in my life and I am looking at rectifying this. Black oxford cap-toes seem to be like the best option and a shoe i should definitely own for business/weddings/semi formal events. Can anyone recommend where to buy? Preferably in person.

I would like them as cheap as possible given that I don't actually envisage wearing them much for the time being, however, given I just bought a nice tailored suit I don't want to be wearing noticeably cheap shoes that I will need to replace. Ideally I can find a shoe now and it will last me years and years. Just seeking maximum versatility and max "bang for buck" i guess.

My issue with buying online is that ideally I would like the shoes within a week or two, and secondly, having never really bought a decent pair of shoes i'm completely unfamiliar with proper sizing and a little bit weary about taking a punt online. Having said that, if ordering online is a clear winner then I have no issue going down this route.

I'm no expert but just from some of the pictures I've seen it looks as though the black calf leather shoes look a bit nicer and not so shiny, i definitely want to avoid the ultra shiny, borderline mirror, looking polished black shoes.

Any recommendations? Thanks :)

I would go with Meermin even though you can't try them on locally - otherwise Loakes from pediwear (again, online). Sizes are pretty standard

Yowzer

Reaction score
^ That or Loake from Herring Shoes. Herring gives you a free shoe tree with a code which is floating around somewhere. Pediwear gives you a 15% off for all future Loakes for being part of the club. Both Herring and Pediwear send their shoes quite quick, 4 days for my previous orders. Well done for graduating and welcome to the workforce!

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to see Kazuna today, love the trial shoes in different sizes and width.

Ordered a suit, shirt and a pair of shoes. Looking forward to the Japanese pattern fitting my body shape better.

I am most interested in the casual sports jackets in shirt material, will probably get one for autumn.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herrings. If you can't afford Herrings try the new Geoffrey Beene range at Target.

They'll do you until you can afford some Herrings/Loakes. Only downside is that they don't run in half sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads