• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a huge interest in mechanical watches, looking at them now infact.

**** me dead, I'm autistic(don't give a damn most of you probably picked up on it anyway) and even I know how to be polite when presenting my own, different point of view. I'm meant to be socially marsupialed. If I can do that, then so can you.

quar

Reaction score
I am clearly a Troll here.

While we're at it, you guys should go and troll the Hipsters in the Handmade Buttonhole Thread.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am clearly a Troll here.

While we're at it, you guys should go and troll the Hipsters in the Handmade Buttonhole Thread.

Oi, no bullshit, but seriously, where can I get the very best salmon sushi in Sydney? There's a joint in Eastwood, right near the train station, that does great fresh Salmon, which I like. Then there is Makoto, but seeing as you're the aficionado on Sushi, where?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a huge interest in mechanical watches, looking at them now infact.

**** me dead, I'm autistic(don't give a damn most of you probably picked up on it anyway) and even I know how to be polite when presenting my own, different point of view. I'm meant to be socially marsupialed. If I can do that, then so can you.
I would have diagnosed you as a manic/depressive (takes one to know one) rather than autistic.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys should quit now at life if you don't understand why the same people who participate in a Clothing Forum may have an interest in mechanical watches.

With the juvenile way in which you express yourself, your exhortation is exquisitely ironic.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Never realised Land's End had so many madras button-downs....Are they worth it once you factor in shipping? Seems reasonable. Hows the fit on the tailored medium size? My favourite button downs that are readily available are the polo ralphs, I'm not the biggest fan of sporting the brand due to its connotations here, but the fabric and fit is great and I pick them up for $50 a pop at the outlets. Are the tailored Land's End comparable to polo ralph custom fits?

Cheers

Marbles

Reaction score

This is an almost infuriating statement to have to respond to, since I've already clarified several things, but since we're throwing out 'confoundingly stupid' as a statement, I guess you missed the point of what I was saying. So I'll use dot points, because they're easy to follow:

1) If you're wearing something that's beautiful and that's what you like - fine, if you think wearing heritage on your wrist is fun - fine, if you want something because it has allure for you - fine, etc.
2) If you instead emphasise that the watch is awesome because it's not only outdated technically, but not as accurate as something cheaper and more accessible that's an insane position to take

It's remarkable how similar watch enthusiasts are to hipsters. The love for the past they haven't experienced, the irony of a device so remarkably outdated in many ways, the sneer and scorn as the masses that ' don't get it' and are 'confoundingly stupid', the utter lack of self-awareness, emathy or humour when it comes to discussion their favourite topic, the materialism so thinly vieled by excuses. It's funny, to me.

Er, righto. I prefer to look at it is a thing of beauty and a fascinating engineering exercise, but it you want to drag hipsters into it, cool story bro.

apple3210

Reaction score
Hi guys. Quick question, corduory jacket with wool trousers. If colors work,yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads