• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Question my hair again! I dare you, I double dare you mother ******, mention the wig one more goddamn time!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

LM did you get some amazing lining? That's half the fun, surely. If I remember correctly, Romp had camo lining in one of his suits? I trust this means that Suit Shop will offer some fun lining options? he asks, praying :D
14 plain colours standard, and "special" linings such as the camo that are in limited quantities Also was it you asking the mills we use? Loro piana, Ariston and barbera are the common ones Also showed Patrick your fit pic LM... "pull up your pants at the back" was his advice ;)

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys quick review of my Kamakura shirts. Owning my own company now I wouldn't normally do these anymore but seen as quite a few asked I'm more than happy to.

To draw a conclusion at the start, they are basically bloody perfect for me. The new york slim cut has nice long sleeves (91cm for a 41), and a really nice long body as well, slim through the waist and chest without being tight, It's near on the fit I have already from Cottonwork, but that's just me of course.

Collar roll fresh out of the box is fantastic, as is the tie space which is something almost all BD makers get wrong. I can only imagine the roll will get better as it's washed a few times and wrinkled up. The fabric is also softer than I expected. I got both shades of blue, the lighter and slightly darker version, which I'd call the classic oxford blue colour.

My one criticism is the darts at the back. Given how long according to their blog they worked on getting the collar right it's disapointing that they didn't spend some more time on the waist and getting rid of the darts. Anyway it's a small critique and overall not a major issue for me. Although I don't wear pockets on my shirts they just seem right on OCBD's as does having a placket. Anyway, I took a few photo's as well -

Cheers
Jason

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
14 plain colours standard, and "special" linings such as the camo that are in limited quantities

Also was it you asking the mills we use? Loro piana, Ariston and barbera are the common ones

Also showed Patrick your fit pic LM... "pull up your pants at the back" was his advice
wink.gif

It was me indeed.

Good to hear re; the mills. Special linings is what I'm all about, though.

Looking forward to more pictures :)

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Here are some photos. After conversing with Rob I'll probably get the pants taken in a bit. The shirt doesn't fit properly for a jacket (sleeves too short), and I look about as boring as it's possible to look, cbf even playing with my hair.

Button point is way too high, needs to be lowered an inch or so.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gilet: The Vest A Man Can Get

This is the vest I've got. I'll stop now.

P.S. Shirt looks awesome Jas. Pity they have darts. As you say, not a deal breaker, but would've been nice for them to devote more time to finding a workaround.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok guys quick review of my Kamakura shirts. Owning my own company now I wouldn't normally do these anymore but seen as quite a few asked I'm more than happy to.

To draw a conclusion at the start, they are basically bloody perfect for me. The new york slim cut has nice long sleeves (91cm for a 41), and a really nice long body as well, slim through the waist and chest without being tight, It's near on the fit I have already from Cottonwork, but that's just me of course.

Collar roll fresh out of the box is fantastic, as is the tie space which is something almost all BD makers get wrong. I can only imagine the roll will get better as it's washed a few times and wrinkled up. The fabric is also softer than I expected. I got both shades of blue, the lighter and slightly darker version, which I'd call the classic oxford blue colour.

My one criticism is the darts at the back. Given how long according to their blog they worked on getting the collar right it's disapointing that they didn't spend some more time on the waist and getting rid of the darts. Anyway it's a small critique and overall not a major issue for me. Although I don't wear pockets on my shirts they just seem right on OCBD's as does having a placket. Anyway, I took a few photo's as well -

Cheers
Jason
Is that an oxford weave? nice!
yes Oli OCBD = oxford cloth button down

Jas - shirt seems good value - whats the interlining/fusing like on the collar? stiff/soft/non fused?

Also show us a fit pic ;)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
Hey All, for my sins work are sending me to Delhi for a month to sort out some #$%^ sandwiches over there.

Any intel from those here in the know about places to go, things to do, am doubtful any tailors will come front of mind from those of you who have ventured there. Something to make you all cringe, had my vaccinations yesterday, $1,400.....cripes, could hardly believe it. Dog bites me, Im covered!!! Just not covered for a bad curry.

Also, any of the BNE crew ventured into the new Zegna shop yet? Any thoughts ? Journeyman have you been in yet?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yes Oli OCBD = oxford cloth button down

Jas - shirt seems good value - whats the interlining/fusing like on the collar? stiff/soft/non fused?

Also show us a fit pic ;)

Will do next week, office clean up day today so I'm dressed casually and I want to wash them a few times over the weekend.

No fusing and I seem to remember reading somewhere that the interlining is a cotton. They specifically tried to re-create the collar roll of the original Brooks Brothers Button downs,

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine is playing with The Re-Mains in Melbourne this weekend at the Union and The Standard. He needs a hair cut any recommendations?

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aidan Joseph Hair. One dude, in his house, great hair dresser, great guy.

HC: Does the Kamakura shirt come in fabrics other than Oxford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads