• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eep DP

Last edited:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah come on. What about Soporific Tie Appreciation? It good.

teeo

Reaction score
anyone know any good tailors in melbourne conservative business dress? i need to untaper some suit pants cause i got fat.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ The Furo vs Parker thing?
Parker wins because applying the same MC way of dress to SW&D casual is all sorts of fail.
Everything has it's place.
About why most MC is so lame: just have to look into any of the how to dress for interview threads.
Prescription is always:
Charcoal or navy, notch lapel, double vented suit, and black cap toe oxfords. Any deviation from that will mean that the candidate will have no chance of getting hired - peak lapel is just so damn flashy like he's trying to one up the interviewer!

Not Furo Vs Parker specifically.

Just the whole idea that what you wear has to meet the approval from supporters of both paradigms (MC and SW&D), when the underlying philosophies are so different. Like I said: This is what keeps people like Ethan Newton and Patrick Johnson from bothering with SF.

Anyway, who cares?

Wear WTF you want.

Here endeth the lesson.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Blah blah blah...J. Crew prides itself on always offering the highest quality and craftsmanship in our products and our prices are reflective of the value we deliver, in the context of each local market.
I apologize for the inconvenience blah blah...
Best,
Lluvia

In other words - because everyone else in Australia overcharges you dopes down there, we think we can get away with creaming you on price as well.

Capitalism at work gentlemen.

Inc Interest

Reaction score
Yep, With the 50% sale I grabbed a pair not long ago and they are a nice fit for me. They haven't aged much yet, 6 months and no wash with wear about 2/3 times per week.

Also, has anyone tried Naked and Famous sold at Harrolds?
I have a pair of the Naked and Famous Slim Guy fit that I got tapered a little bit, (as I really am a slim guy) that I have had since august last year - they are wearing well and the rise is high enough. When I went to pick them up from Andy at RHD they seemed to have a variety of great colours mine are a little bit lighter than normal indigo.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ However there also the beauty of Laissez-faire capitalism where we give J. Crew the bird and buy elsewhere. There are alternatives out there. They can go get stuffed.

Last edited:

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not Furo Vs Parker specifically.
Just the whole idea that what you wear has to meet the approval from supporters of both paradigms (MC and SW&D), when the underlying philosophies are so different. Like I said: This is what keeps people like Ethan Newton and Patrick Johnson from bothering with SF.
Anyway, who cares?
Wear WTF you want.
Here endeth the lesson.

Yeahhhh I dunno. To an extent I do use SF to tell me what I should wear.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Only as long as you just listen to Aussie members :p Except me of course, I can't dress for peanuts so don't listen to my advices.

Last edited:

bhall41

Reaction score

I get the impression most of us here shun most of the rest of SF these days!

Yep, I'm in that category too these days. Main exception: Watch P0rn.

bhall41

Reaction score

Ok, looks like we have at least four people including myself. What day suits everyone best? 

Say a Thursday right after work? It'll be nice to catch up for an hour or two right after work and have an early night - the way I see it, we can catch up and still get home a a reasonable time so as to keep the peace at home (if that applies) :)  Anyone who wants can stay on and go till dawn :cool:

The Herringbone evening was great but I've got no idea when the next one will be. I'd like to make this informal and flexible so that we can do this on a semi-regular basis. 

Thoughts?

Sounds good Gerry, count me in, subject to the usual caveats.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fresh in the post - C&J Chiltern chukka boots in snuff suede courtesy of A Fine Pair Of Shoes:

and a fit pic:

It's funny how the perspective can make a shoe seem elongated or not.

kickstart

Reaction score
Afternoon Gents,

Can anyone recommend where I could buy some Australian winter (Sydney) weight appropriate flannels?

Epaulet have a nice looking pair of oxford mid greys but not in my size and they advise that they aren't making anymore... They do have dark charcoal in my size but I'm not sure what I could wear these with - they don't seem quite as versatile being very dark?

Keen for advice as usual!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads