1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Good post fxh. Let's all hope Akubra hang on to their manufacturing in Kempsey now that SDK is gone.

2. greenoxfords11

greenoxfords11 Active Member

I went to dinner with Kent a few weeks ago...cool guy. I want to order a few of them, I like the orange/grey, I am skinny so they might be better for me. I had to have the suit supply altered everywhere. Ditto on that.

3. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

All the best with your enterprise young fella. Keep your SF friends in the loop as you get all your stock in ;-)

4. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

Happy 1000th page everyone.

On the subject of Boggi, I was tooling around on their website last night and on the order page it listed Australia as a shipping destination. Got all excited for a minute but a subsequent email exchange confirmed the are not shipping outside of Europe at this stage.

5. fox81

fox81 Well-Known Member

whats with the sizing chart? do you think you could put a chest and shoulder measurement on there as a minimum?
    and $149 for RTW? why do i want to buy your shirts over some of the better known italian RTW shirtmakers, which i can buy online at a similar pricepoint?

6. greenoxfords11

Their website is confusing right. There was not much in my size in the store. Good thing as my credit card would have taken a battering.

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Well-Known Member

I won't be able to make it to the Melbourne meet up tonight (I have to lead my quiz team to glorious victory at the Standard), but I charge you all to submit at least one group photo to the forum tomorrow. (...So the rest of us can critique you, ha ha.)

8. greenoxfords11

I have hosted a few menswear evenings in Melbourne, and thinking about doing another one at the end of July... You should come down and show us your shirts.

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

You would take the tally up to 5, so still one short but getting closer.

If you do a menswear evening in Melbourne between Sep and Xmas i'd be keen to at least look in to coming down also. Not much point for me between now and then as I'm at end of season now and Sep I'll have my shirts, new 7 folds and knit ties in and first lot of pocket squares too.

10. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

Yes, their website is not that great and the online range is limited. Credit to them for responding to my email though. They said they were trying to organise international shipping.

11. greenoxfords11

I want to start doing it every few months, so for sure we can chat about it later in the year.

12. Deapht

Deapht Well-Known Member

http://www.melbourneracingclub.net..../fashion-and-entertainment/faces-of-caulfield

In 2012, Melbourne Racing Club are looking for both a male and female Face of Caulfield to help bring the 2012 BMW Caulfield Cup Carnival’s racing and fashion activities to life. The Club is searching for male and female entrants who represent classic style and are confident in public speaking. To win, you must be savvy on social media and comfortable in front of the camera.

The male and female 2012 Faces of Caulfield will take on a highly active and visible role throughout the 2012 BMW Caulfield Cup Carnival and beyond. They will both be involved in presenting and co-hosting at fashion and entertainment events, share personal insights and experiences as the Faces of Caulfield through Facebook, Twitter and a dedicated blog, and will have the ability to handle media attention with grace and style at all times.
    The winners will receive star treatment including access to a leading stylist, the best fashion and accessory labels, hair and make-up professionals and VIP entry to key fashion and race events.
    Along with the money can’t buy experience of becoming the 2012 Faces of Caulfield, the prize pool is valued at over $40,000 including $6,000 cash each, exquisite jewellery and luxury holidays.

something for you melbournians

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  13. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

Thanks, Id be more than happy to - send me details ill see if i can make it as Im floating around HK/SG last week of July

14. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to find a place where they do MTM shirts in melbourne.............

15. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

you tried mr riley @ pjohnson?

16. Marbles

Marbles Well-Known Member

Hi Gents,

I've got a couple things up for sale that I'd rather not post outside AU -

Howard Yount Burgundy Lambswool Crewneck sweater. I think it's a large, but it's quite baggy in the waist with 'generous' armholes. Worn a dozen or so times and good condition. $40 posted

As new Meermin Black Captoe Oxfords. UK10 on Hiro Last. Slightly tight across toes for me, have had them stretched a little. Worn for no more than 10 mins on carpet. $170 posted.
    http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925

Pics to follow...

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3149/img02921.jpg
    http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6356/img02942p.jpg
    http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4086/img02931.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  17. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

I would but they're soooo expensive..wasn't it something like $250 a pop for a shirt? Maybe later on...though

18. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

19. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Good tip blahman, I often head to Equitable Pl for lunch, as I'm right nearby. I'll certainly give them a whirl.

Sounds like they have a relationship with Romeos in Deepdene. I used to go there occasionally; outstanding coffee in an unlooked-for location.

20. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

I think Cubec do MTM. Charles Edward if you feel like spending $500, but you could get 2 pjohnsons for that. Scott Denison and Hemden around the Malvern area. Plenty more no doubt.

Just noticed your subsequent post. I agree with joiji - you're unlikely to get anything MTM in Melbourne for less than $200. I would suggest paying a good alterations tailor to measure you up and then order online. Check the online sites first so you know what measurements you'll need. This won't cost you much, but will increase your chances of getting a good result.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.