• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Hober Challis love with Nakhle bespoke shirt in Sic Tess 120s, Kent Wang white linen, P Johnson navy sharkskin...

...and C&J Westfields

My little homage to O'Mast (if you've watched it, you'll know what I mean).

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How much is charles nakhle charging for sic tess and alumo these days?

It depends on the specific fabric selection as well as availability. For example, a Sic Tess 2-ply 120 Oxford may set you back about $250 (with MoP buttons) if he has the fabric on hand. If he has to make a single special fabric order, you may be paying about $270-$300. Much of this can be attributed to the exhorbitant costs of fabric and shipping; I saw the invoices and therefore believe him at his word.

If you choose a more precious cloth like a 2-ply 140 or maybe a 3-ply, the price goes up correspondingly.

Even with Alumo, a very expensive fabric, it still comes down to selection and availability. If he has the fabric on hand, it may cost about $280 or thereabouts (this is what I paid for two white poplin shirts, one a 2-ply 80, and the other, a 2-ply 120). If not, again, the price increases due to shipping costs.

Still, given that majors such as Borrelli and Kiton use the same fabrics, it's a heckuva lot cheaper to have a shirt made by an artisan like Charles than to buy something similar OTR. As an example, Harrolds charges upwards of $600 for Kiton shirts. Go figure.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks ... I showed my usual guy an example on a pair of MTO Carmina's that I picked up from the Armoury. Picking them up today ... and will let you know what the result is.

Quote:
To scared to head out to Rosanna but thanks for the thought mate.

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Did anyone head out to the MJ Bale Laneway sale in Sydney?

I popped in briefly (2 mins) this morning looking for a grey suit to no avail....

mattc

Reaction score

It depends on the specific fabric selection as well as availability. For example, a Sic Tess 2-ply 120 Oxford may set you back about $250 (with MoP buttons) if he has the fabric on hand. If he has to make a single special fabric order, you may be paying about $270-$300.

I've had a couple (3) shirts made locally by FT Russell using both Alumo and Tess fabric with MoP buttons. Cost me around $295 a shirt which was pretty reasonable considering the cost of material, freight, etc.

As you pointed out, pricey but when compared to what Kiton is charging, pretty reasonable really.

fox81

Reaction score

I've had a couple (3) shirts made locally by FT Russell using both Alumo and Tess fabric with MoP buttons. Cost me around $295 a shirt which was pretty reasonable considering the cost of material, freight, etc.
As you pointed out, pricey but when compared to what Kiton is charging, pretty reasonable really.

yes, but 200 GBP, which would cover you at almost any british shirtmaker.
i was hoping strong AUD meant lower fabric costs and the prices may have come down.
whilst he makes great shirts, the value proposition is now in question

fox81

Reaction score

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really jealous of you that live in Brisbane and Melbourne because I'd really like to meet some Sydney folk some day and haven't yet.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really jealous of you that live in Brisbane and Melbourne because I'd really like to meet some Sydney folk some day and haven't yet. 

We just had a Brisbane meet-up - with a Melbourne guest - this evening. It was very enjoyable and thanks to those who attended.

If you'd like to meet some Sydney members, then you should arrange a get-together down there - choose a venue, set a date, perhaps see if you can arrange it around a sale or trip to a particular store or something like that, too.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just had a Brisbane meet-up - with a Melbourne guest - this evening. It was very enjoyable and thanks to those who attended.
If you'd like to meet some Sydney members, then you should arrange a get-together down there - choose a venue, set a date, perhaps see if you can arrange it around a sale or trip to a particular store or something like that, too.

Lucky. Sounds like it was ballin'.

I would love to do that, but I'm so, so ****** with organizing things like this.
And good suggestion regarding sale hopping, though, there usually aren't amazing sales here.

Is anyone from Sydney interested in meeting up? Please say 'yes' and further suppress my inextricable fear of rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics