• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selvaggio

Reaction score
There's a shoe repair shop in Chifley Tower which has the normal Shelta stand in front. I was combing through it a few weeks ago when I got caught in a typical Sydney downpour and found a NOS Shelta for Gowings model in black watch tartan amongst the stack. I've used it a bit since then and it is really well made and big enough to do the job - which is what you need here.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noticed today that the Ferragamo store in Collins Place has a sale on. Most of the stock is on sale, with tranches at 30, 40 and 50% off.

Some ties down to $100, some shoes down to $375.

Might be worth a look if you're into their stuff.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got a cracking trench/3/4 coat in standard 38R?

Im sick of looooooking

__PG__

Reaction score
What are Ferragamo shoes like?

I'm googling style forum now. Apparently the 'Tramezzas' are the way to go. Goodyear welted with nice leather.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee
CJs not on sale.. dirty The SA at Chatswood was umm'ing and arr'ing and then a more knowledge girl came over (damn her) and informed him they weren’t!
I really dislike the attitude on the brunette that works at the Chatswood store.
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Actually I was just thinking this the other day in Canberra of all places, land of the very poorly dressed public service. I must have seen around 10 well dressed guys after work on a Friday in the city, which is a huge rarity.
Interesting point.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
What are Ferragamo shoes like?

I'm googling style forum now. Apparently the 'Tramezzas' are the way to go. Goodyear welted with nice leather.

Tramezza are very good. I've got a few pairs and they are very well-constructed shoes, made from very nice leather.

Sadly, however, I do not think that the Tramezza line is offered in Australia (although I could be out-of-date with that information).

The line below Tramezza is called Lavarazione Originale, and it is also good.

The lowest line is called Studio and they are often quite ordinary shoes and probably not worth the money that you would pay for them.

By the way, Zegna and Ferragamo have a joint shoemaking operation, Zefer. If you can find some mainline Zegna shoes, particularly from the "fatte a mano" (made by hand) line, they are also very nice and probably on par with Ferragamo's Tramezza line.

Unfortunately, you'll probably pay an extravagant amount for such shoes here in Australia.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Tramezzas. I've never seen them here, only in HK.

The shoes look like glue jobs. Still, some look nice and are cheaper than Lloyds with probably better leather. Nothing that really grabbed me.

You'd have to be a Ferragamo fan I suspect; the motif ties or something. Can probably beat those prices on eBay, even with the sale.

CHECKstar

Reaction score
Not too sure what the SF view is on Dom Bagnato, but I just got an email saying they are having a 'Winter Silent Sale' from 29/05 to 01/06.

Sydguy

Reaction score
Guys are dressing better - probably for a whole range of reasons. Men's clothing here is getting better in both quality and fit.
Guys are actually trying things on prior to buying them, go back not too many years and you would see girls shopping for their bloke guessing sizes. I have in the past been asked to try a jumper on as i Looked like her John's size...
More couples go shopping now, it used to be a bit of a girls day out. Shopping centres are much better designed, so you can go graba coffee, relax and hit a few shops.
The last big hurdle is price, I still can not understand why we pay so much for the likes of Ralph Lauren, I paid all up AUD70 to get a merino RL jumper on Ebay, brand new, this included delivery, USD credit card surcharge etc... the exact same jumper is AUD228 in David Jones. I have no problem with a normal mark up, bit of service, try items on etc... but 70 Vs 228 these figures are not in the same universe.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sydguy
The last big hurdle is price, I still can not understand why we pay so much for the likes of Ralph Lauren, I paid all up AUD70 to get a merino RL jumper on Ebay, brand new, this included delivery, USD credit card surcharge etc... the exact same jumper is AUD228 in David Jones. I have no problem with a normal mark up, bit of service, try items on etc... but 70 Vs 228 these figures are not in the same universe.
What drives this up is the number of people coming to Aus. for a holiday and going on huge retail shopping sprees. This is especially common in Perth for some reason or another. I sometimes go shopping with my girl and there are so many foreigners just snapping up clothes without even trying them on. Hell the whole of King St and Claremont is full of foreigners shopping, paying full retail keeping prices sky high for the locals. I think there must be some kind of novelty in saying I bought this in Australia. On the contrary, there was an interesting article I read somewhere that you can take a trip to England or the USA buy your LV bags, hi-end hi-tech goods (Sony Vaio etc...), Tiffany & Co jewellery and Rolex watches and still come out quite reasonably under what you would spend here. This includes the return plane ticket.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Intelligent Design
I really dislike the attitude on the brunette that works at the Chatswood store.

Interesting... I had issues with the blonde that works there.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Interesting... I had issues with the blonde that works there.

The old one? She's pretty clueless, but seemed nice enough. I don't recommend asking her to take your measurements though, unless you want some light entertainment.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Intelligent Design
The old one? She's pretty clueless, but seemed nice enough. I don't recommend asking her to take your measurements though, unless you want some light entertainment.

Hmmm, define old? The one that looks like she's just sucked a lemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads