Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Was taken in Bruce, just near the A.I.S, which is on the western side, but only 6km from the CBD. There are a lot of Roo's there because it backs on to Bruce ridge and there are heaps of trails and bushland.

2. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

He's got handmade shoes up the back for around $200 - and a pair pulled apart to show how they are made - a few pairs looked almost close-ish to ok in style for say $100 but missed out by something each time and at $200 there are other better options.

The missus walked past the shop the other day and apparently the 'pulled apart' shoes are now in the window. I guess the question is how are they constructed and what sort of leather is it?

Any ideas on how to spot Blake/Blake-Rapid/Goodyear welted shoes at 20 paces?

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Mark Webber won the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco

Congratulations

4. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Mark Webber won the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Monaco

Congratulations

Two in a row for him. He's found some form (and reliability) at last.

5. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

Herringbone has 30% off cashmere knits at the moment - for anyone that's interested.

6. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

FYI

Yensen Sale

Men's cotton shirts & Italian silk and wool ties all from $50.

All sizes, numerous colours and patterns available and discounted by up to 50%.

We're about to relocate our design studio and are looking to clear the decks of YENSEN stock which could now be considered a collectors item!

WHEN \t
    Thursday 20th May, 2010 until Saturday 22nd May, 2010.

WHERE \t
    Level 1
    276 Devonshire St
    Surry Hills.
    NSW, 2010.
    (02) 9698 3925

TIMES \t
    Thu: 7am - 7pm
    Fri: 7am - 6pm
    Sat: 10am - 4pm
    PAYMENT \tMastercard, Visa, Cash, Eftpos.

7. Henry Carter

Hello Aussies,

The suede Loakes I posted a few pages back are up for sale on Ebay Australia. Without putting a link to the listing, a search for Loake suede brogue will bring them up. Alternatively PM me if interested. Not putting on B&S because I don't want to stuff around with int'l shipping.

Cheers

8. JohnsNotHere

JohnsNotHere Senior member

Bollocks... recently moved to Perth [​IMG]

FYI

Yensen Sale

Men's cotton shirts & Italian silk and wool ties all from $50.

All sizes, numerous colours and patterns available and discounted by up to 50%.

We're about to relocate our design studio and are looking to clear the decks of YENSEN stock which could now be considered a collectors item!

WHEN \t
    Thursday 20th May, 2010 until Saturday 22nd May, 2010.

WHERE \t
    Level 1
    276 Devonshire St
    Surry Hills.
    NSW, 2010.
    (02) 9698 3925

TIMES \t
    Thu: 7am - 7pm
    Fri: 7am - 6pm
    Sat: 10am - 4pm
    PAYMENT \tMastercard, Visa, Cash, Eftpos.

9. Sydguy

Sydguy Well-Known Member

Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men.

I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts.

IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using!

Thanks.

10. truevision

truevision Senior member

Hello Aussies,

The suede Loakes I posted a few pages back are up for sale on Ebay Australia. Without putting a link to the listing, a search for Loake suede brogue will bring them up. Alternatively PM me if interested. Not putting on B&S because I don't want to stuff around with int'l shipping.

Cheers

may i ask why you're selling them?

11. sidewinder13

sidewinder13 Senior member

Herringbone has 30% off cashmere knits at the moment - for anyone that's interested.

Thanks for that, will check that out.

12. Henry Carter

may i ask why you're selling them?

Half a size too small. They are UK 8.5 like my other 2 loakes, but on a different last (3625) which has come up shorter than the capital last. Only worn 3 times.

13. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men.

I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts.

IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using!

Thanks.

Just look around for something that is a deodorant, without being an anti-perspirant.

There are a number of brands around that do a simple deodorant.

Of course, if you don't want any aroma at all, I'm afraid that I don't have any recommendations.

14. fxh

fxh Senior member

15. fxh

fxh Senior member

Hey quick Aussie Question - I am using a Deodorant Stick from Bodyshop, yes it is for men. I jumped onto this stuff to stop the white aluminium stains from destroying shirts. IS anyone using something similar that is easy to get locally? The Bodyshop one is $15 a pop, which is not too bad, although I burn through them fast. Just curious to see what people are using! Thanks.
    I get a rash easily from deodorants/ anti-perspirants under arm - not been worried about stains. I use an Australian made tee-tree oil under arm balm. Its got an all natural hippie type blurb about it- but hey - I'm not proud. I can't remember its name now but its in a very unsexy non groovy plastic roll on longish tube thingo in a bad green. Its in a fair few chemists I know but not in all of them. As far as stains go have you tried soaking shirts in Nappi San overnight then washing- works wonders. Or if stain is bad work Nappisan into thick paste and rub into stain and leave a few hours prior to washing. UPDATE:http://www.thursdayplantation.com/ Its Thursday Plantation They have both deodorant and anti perspirant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.