• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightace

Reaction score
Trap for young players: Sard wonder soap is a little too effective sometimes. I may have ruined my favourite trousers.

I found a solution (see what I did there?). Went to Lincraft, got some dye, followed the instructions, and voila:

A small victory.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, ABC Radio. That's enough war. Thanks.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edwardz

Reaction score

Did any one know about Kazuna Sydney?It is a new MTM tailor shop on Pitt St conservative business dress. Great place to get man‘s wears. Every thin made in Japan. I order few things there,get 1 Harrisons of Edinburgh fabric sports jacket last week & 1 pair of double monk shoes yesterday. It is great stuff for the price,really love it.
So those monk shoes belonged to you! Was there on Friday to get a pair of shoes made and a shirt and he showed me a sample that just arrived that day. Beautiful shoe buddy How do you find them compared the other English made shoes?

Last edited:

YudanGu

Reaction score
So those monk shoes belonged to you! Was there on Friday to get a pair of shoes made and a shirt and he showed me a sample that just arrived that day. Beautiful shoe buddy

How do you find them compared the other English made shoes?
I will say the craft same like Joseph Cheaney Bench Grand Level & the leather is better。Hard to found same quality shoes in Sydney under 500 AUD

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did any one know about Kazuna Sydney?It is a new MTM tailor shop on Pitt St conservative business dress. Great place to get man‘s wears. Every thin made in Japan. I order few things there,get 1 Harrisons of Edinburgh fabric sports jacket last week & 1 pair of double monk shoes yesterday. It is great stuff for the price,really love it.
Saw those shoes, mate. They are very nice! I'm the crazy guy who bought the gray and brown plaid DB sport jacket that used to sit on the mannequin in the doorway.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Has anyone taken Qatar Airlines before? Economy that is. I'm going to wear a jacket on the plane so I have one that doesn't need pressing for a social event the day I get back, hoping they will have someone to hang it for me haha.

matt1985

Reaction score
Hey guys, just after some advice on a good place to send my boots to be repaired. I live in Tas, and i'm not overly sure on anyone down here that could do an amazing job on repairing my boots.

I don't mind where I have to send them to, I just want a good job done on them. They are a pair of common project arctic boots, and the sole is starting to come off on both of them. If you know of anywhere please let me know, cheers guys!

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matt - its hard to tell but as far as I can see that doesn't looked like the upper is/was stitched to the sole/lower - you could just get some decent shoe glue and do it yourself - by following instructions. OTOH there must be plenty of places in Tassy skilled in repairing hiking boots etc and could do a good job.

Last edited:

matt1985

Reaction score
matt - its hard to tell but as far as I can see that doesn't looked like the upper is/was stitched to the sole/lower - you could just get some decent shoe glue and do it yourself - by following instructions. OTOH there must be plenty of places in Tassy skilled in repairing hiking boots etc and could do a good job.

Thanks for the reply, I think these have unfortunately had the soles cemented on? I can't see any stitching anywhere, which for a boot in the $500+ region it's pretty crap really.

I will ask a few local guys and see what they think, thought I would see if anyone has had a problem like this, and had it fixed nicely by a good cobbler.

Thanks again!

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, I've stuck lots of work boots back together myself. The hardest part is getting a good clamp on the join. Getting decent glue isn't too hard my cobbler just gives me a small bottle decanted from his bulk lot.

You won't do any real harm doing in yourself even if you do a rough job.

If you love them though I'd suggest go to a cobbler who does farm /work boots etc, or even a RMW accredited repair shop. I'm sure there's a few around. I'd get them to rip the whole sole off each one and redo it. While I was at it I'd get a complete new sole on each one, if you can get hold of a reasonable facsimile.

Again you could easily do it yourself with right glue but the clamping is the hardest part of DIY.

Last edited:

matt1985

Reaction score
It's probably not the ideal stuff, but I found a tube of selly's shoes glue and tacked them back together with that. I'll see how they turn out, but I will take them around and see what the local cobblers down here can do with them. I like the idea of taking the whole sole off and getting it re-done properly, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224